Maldron Hotel Sandy Road Galway
US$128
US$156
US$152
  • Restaurant
The Connacht Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$109
Hotels.com
Menlo Park Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$116
Hotels.com
Clayton Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$198
  • Pool
Flannery's Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$104
Maldron Hotel Galway(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$106
Orbitz.com
US$262
US$254
1,393 results
All reviewscity centrefree underground parkingthe penthousethermal suitenice hotelbusy roadspa treatmentsnext morningeyre squarebuffet breakfastduty managerbar foodhen partyroom was spaciousboth morningsmin walkcar park
Reviewed 5 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here on Friday night last, our initial impression was not good but the price was good so we stayed,
Very Very poor service staff, no smiles, no welcome I found it truly distasteful,
I would highly recommend that management need to take a very good look at how the staff are dealing with customers especially at front desk, not professional in anyway,
For breakfast next morning, the food display was very very poor, we truly would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rockchic049
PilloHotel, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Sandy Road Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Guest,
It was very disappointing to read about your recent stay with us. My sincere apologies that you were not happy with the service which you received or with the standard of breakfast. We generally receive favourable feedback about these areas and I am sorry that on this occasion that your experience was not up to the standard that it should have been. Please be assured that the team have seen your review and we have taken on board your comments and that we will ensure that we refocus on the areas which you have highlighted.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Recently booked the Pillo off the net..largely based on value for money. Had to stay for 2 nights for work purposes. Staff on reception were genuinely warm and helpful and I was very pleased with my room - not at all stuffy and overheated as so many are. The bed was enormous and very comfortable.
For breakfast both mornings my off the menu (buffet ) request was delivered speedily and cheerfully even though staff were extremely busy catering to a bus load of tourists. Food quality was very good.
The underground car park is extremely convenient. The hotel is only a short distance from the city center, one could walk, but that night a six euro taxi fare got me there.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to others and would definitely go back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Linda_66133
PilloHotel, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Sandy Road Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind review on your stay with us. I have passed on your lovely feedback to all the team, in particular the reception and restaurant staff. It was good to hear that you found the hotel to be well located and that you availed of our free underground carparking. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Looked fwd to this weekend for so long. Arrived Friday afternoon, was given our room. All looked great. Unpacked and went down town. Came back at 9.30 to a freezing cold room. Turned up the dial. Still no heat 20 mins later. -2 degrees outside. Called dwn to Reception and was told there was a problem with heating in hotel. After some time we were offered small oil filled radiator. We did get two hot chcolate drinks which were badly needed. Tried to get some sleep but there was an engine or motor of some sort running all night below us. Very disturbed night. We did get moved to another room the next day - still no heat and had to ask again for a radiator. Avoid room 128 and ask if there is heat in hotel before booking. We wont be back.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Roisin1202

Dear Guest,
I would like to apologise for the disappointing stay that you had with us recently. With regard to the problem which we experienced with the heating, I can assure you that our Maintenance team did everything that they could to try to resolve the issue when it occurred. It was very unfortunate that this issue arose when it did and I am very sorry that it impacted on the enjoyment of your stay. I note that you mention that you won't be back, however, I can assure you that if you did decide to come back, that we would ensure that your next experience was a lot more positive. Please feel free to contact me directly it you do wish to return to Galway.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

There were posters suggesting we hang up towels to indicate interest in using them a second time...but insufficient towel racks to do so. (Sorry, I'm not going to use a towel that has been on the floor a second time!). There was space on the wall above the commode to place a rack.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your suggestion regarding extra racks on which to hang the towels. From the rating that you scored, it was nice to see that overall you were happy with the service and facilities which you received during your stay.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

I had previously stayed at the Pillo hotel on a couple of occasions so had no hesitation in booking it for a night away with the family for my mam's 70th birthday ... and we weren't disappointed. We booked the Penthouse Suite for my mam and dad and this was amazing! It consisted of a sitting room with a large tv and a dining area and kitchen facilities, a large bedroom and ensuite and a balcony overlooking Galway City. There was ample room for 10 of us to enjoy cake and champagne in the suite ... but unfortunately we had to return to our own rooms which were very adequate ... just not the penthouse!! We had a meal in the restaurant and the food was amazing! All in all a great hotel within walking distance of the city which offers comfort, value and great food. The attention of the staff was terrific and particularly from the reservations manager Lisa who assisted me in the booking and made sure everything was spot on for the occasion. Thanks Lisa ... we'll be back :-)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Fifi010
PilloHotel, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Sandy Road Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear Guest,
It was lovely to read how much your family enjoyed your recent stay with us to celebrate your mother's birthday. I am glad that you found the hotel to be well located and good value and that you were so well looked after by the team, in particular Lisa. We look forward to welcoming your family back to stay with us again in the near future.