All reviews wonderful hosts tea station porridge breakfast was delicious guest house b and b other guests room was spotless downtown galway excellent stay enjoyed our stay two nights full irish breakfast eyre square comfortable beds matt marie
Reviewed 3 April 2009

The attention to detail at Almara is outstanding. This has got to be the benchmark for all Ireland B&B's. So clean and comfortable. Just right for Cliffs of Mohar and the Burren.
Not so good for access to Galway........it's a bus ride away, too far to walk.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 April 2009

Great B&B, and wonderful hosts who were just so helpful. The room was spotless and comfortable. They have a lovely selection of herbal teas and coffees for guests and some sweeties too. Breakfast was really delicious. Overall, i would def go back again.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 November 2008

This house is in an amazing location for downtown Galway. The bus stop is right out front! Our room and bathroom were very neat and clean. We were greeted warmly and breakfast was awesome! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone wanting to be close to Galway, but not in the city center.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 3 November 2008

The Almara House goes down in history for me as the bar-none best B&B I've ever stayed at, in Ireland or elsewhere. Very attractive, clean rooms with amenities like tea, coffee, little candies, etc. for any hour of the day. We were asked for personal selections for breakfast, and those meals were served to us and were delightful. Beyond the ambiance provided by Marie and Matt, they were the most "above and beyond the call of duty" owners/hosts I could imagine ever having.

They kept track of my activities only so that they could make sure that I was getting what I wanted for a great stay in Ireland. Thus they ended up getting involved in a rental car for me, an airport run, advice on day trips, and anything else imaginable. And you didn't even need to ask them! They offered all of these special favors, and insisted on helping when I knew it was a burden to them. They really enjoy their guests. They are friendly, always good-humored, and make guests feel like friends. I'll recommend Almara House to anyone who is going to Galway City. Because of them, I had a wonderful stay in western Ireland!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 18 October 2008

I would highly recmmend this clean, comfortable up-scale B&B. The hosts have paid attention to every detail. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family