The Stop B&B
US$187
US$177
  • Restaurant
Westwood House Hotel(Dangan)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$264
US$224
Radisson Galway
  • Breakfast included
Flannery's Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$140
The Connacht Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$155
Orbitz.com
The Twelve Hotel(Barna)
US$271
US$256
Hotels.com
Maldron Hotel Galway(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$123
Travelocity
US$341
US$312
Travelocity
All reviewsgreat locationfreshly baked cookiesliving roombreakfast was deliciousshort walkgave us a mapcity centreenjoyed our staysmall bathroomperfect place to stayirish breakfastrestaurants and barsvisiting galwaywould definitely stay here againbrown breadthree nightsyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights during the tail leg of a charity cycling tour from cork to Galway. Russell who runs place gave us a arm and friendly welcome and I was immediately impressed with the style and feel of the place has a bright quirky London feel to it. A real effort is made for breakfast with a range of tasty options. My only qualm would be the en-suite was a little snug for larger or taller people but this is a top floor room so i'd assume the others are slightly larger. If I ever re-visit Galway i'd be happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: avoid room 9 unless you need that many beds as although it's large the en-suite is really snug.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank PeeDunn
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I found the place very easily and the secure parking round the back was very handy. The hosts are extremely friendly and helpful and there is a very relaxed feeling about the place.
The room was clean, comfortable and noise wasn't a problem. Breakfast was delicious and the room rate was very reasonable for such a central location.
If you are tired of the 'twee' Irish B&B then this place is ideal. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I'm kind of new to the B&B concept but I used 2 of them on my recent trip to Ireland and this was the best. Russ and Emer have made me a firm believer in using B&B's. Russ's variety of breakfast choices and his willingness to "mix and match" made my breakfast the perfect start to a great day, all 4 days. I recommend the Veggie offering and he will add a delicious sausage that he gets locally. The rooms are very clean and neat and the downstairs common room is a nice place to read and have tea when it's time to chill out for a while. They could not have done anything more to make me feel comfortable and at home. The location of the property is perfect, a 10 minute walk to the city centre and about 15 minutes the other direction to a pleasant waterfront area called Salthill. You don't even need a taxi to get to/from the bus station if you travel light like I do. Russ was also very helpful in arranging tours for me. If I'm fortunate enough to be able to return to Galway I'll certainly be staying here.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms here. (B&B's don't have 'fitness centers', I clicked that by accident)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I recently stayed the stop b&b while on a family holiday in Ireland; We were made to feel very welcome and loved the house, we have a young son Teddy who is 11 months, he loved exploring the downstairs of the house and having hugs with Russel and Emer. The breakfast was very yummy and the house is perfectly located a short walk from town. I would highly recommend staying with Russel and Emer.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The stop b&b at Kilcullen House is awesome! I stayed 3 nights here during my trip to Ireland with my mom and I am so happy I did. The interior is very bright, artsy and contemporary--much different than the typical Irish b&b we had grown accustomed to. The place is a mere 5 minute walk into the historic heart of the city and has a grocery store conveniently located across the street (which we used for buying the daily paper and picking up more toothpaste!) The breakfast offered was excellent. I loved the fact that there is a choice of 4 different breakfast options--i was getting a little tired of the "traditional Irish breakfast" of bacon, eggs, mushrooms and toast so this was a welcome surprise. On top of it all, Russell and Emer were the most kind, friendly and helpful hosts. They provided the perfect tips for the best places to eat and shop--better than having to rely on our travel books which are usually hit-or-miss for restaurants. So glad I stumbled upon this place as I'll definitely stay again if I ever return to Galway.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 9 which seems to have the best view (two church towers in view). This room was very spacious with 3 beds but is up a few flights of stairs. We looked in the other rooms which were all nice but without the great view of room 9...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family