“One of my BEST experiences away from home.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galway
Swallow Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #20 of 189 Galway B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Jimmy & Patricia were delightful and very eager to help us. I had an injury and as a diabetic I had to find a doctor ASAP. They made the doctor appt. and called me a taxi. Jimmy walked me to taxi with instructions for the driver. I was treated like one of the family. The breakfast was grand and the room was wonderful. I would come back here in a heartbeat and stay longer than the 3 nights I stayed. Please try them when in Galway. What a treat !!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Booked this accommodation 5 months in advance, a month before our trip I realised I had made a mistake with our dates,contacted the swallow and explained I had booked for 2 nights and only needed 1 night and the date I needed. Was quite prepared to book elsewhere as I had made mistake. Received Email back stating change of date was okay and would see then. Arrived on date of booking,to be told nothing available,they had been expecting us the previous night,I had confirmation email on IPad but they denied sending it. Not very pleasant to deal with ,found rooms at B & B down the road. Which turned out to be a wonderful choice. Wouldn't bok this place again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mary K
theswallowgalway, Owner at Swallow Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

We apologise for any inconvenience caused to the above.

On reading your review it is factually incorrect, I do understand there was a miscommunication with your booking as you have stated; you changed your dates.
On the first night of your original booking we tried to contact you on the number you had provided, but you were uncontactable so we treated it as a "no show" and we were left with 2 empty rooms in the height of peak season.
On your arrival at "The Swallow" and realising our mistake we got you similar accommodation next door within minutes of your arrival.
As with good business practice had we not been able to organise this we would of gladly got you hotel accommodation and paid the difference.
We apologise again but as you know everybody makes mistakes.

Patricia Fitzpatrick

Reviewed 23 August 2013

We recently spent a week in Ireland, and our favorite place to stay was The Swallow. We had originally planned to stay one night, but later decided to book two more. Breakfast was a feast every morning, and our hosts were tremendously kind and helpful. The B&B is just outside of city centre, and we saved a lot on cab and bus fare in this perfect location. We definitely want to come back, and would recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Samuel W
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We enjoyed 4 nights in the Swallow B & B recently. The room was clean, private and had a great shower. More importantly Patricia and Jim made us feel so welcome and went out of their way to give us advice and help. Home from home, we recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Just got back from Ireland. By far our favorite B and B was the Sparrow Inn. Hosts were so kind and accomodating. The room was private with its own modern bathroom and two beds. Nice large shower like you find in the states, brand new bathroom. Large comfy beds and a nice kettle for tea or coffee. Breakfast was great. Plenty of choices of cereal, juice, fruits, breads, cheeses,meats, coffee and tea. Patricia made us delicious poached eggs and toast, but she will make whatever kind you want. Nice little court yard with table and chairs for having a quick bite of your own. Close to stores and to the beach. Very clean. Would come back again in a heart beat. Jimmy and Tricia were fine hosts and run a clean establishment and a very fair price. They were very kind and helpful with telling us how to get the ferry and find a store.

Room Tip: Loved the private rooms out back with the court yard. Perfect for us. Quiet and private, nice breeze...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2013

You could not ask for a better location or price. Patricia & her husband were incredibly kind and accommodating (especially as I became sick during my trip). Pat was like a mom away from home! Less than 10 minutes walk to city centre, Only about 15 minutes to the beginning of the Salthill Promenade to walk the coast, the location could not have been better. Yummy breakfast too. Would love to return!

Room Tip: singe rooms are quite tiny but provide all you need and are ensuite for those that like privacy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and couldn't ask for a better location to the city centre. Parking was available on site and breakfast included cereals, meat and cheese, toast and juice and coffee, a great way to start the day. The room was a bit small but we didn't visit Galway to spend our time in our room. The walk took about 10 minutes to the city centre and there was plenty to do and see. We enjoyed traditional music in one of the pubs as well as opportunities for shopping. Patricia and Jimmy were great hosts and more than willing to answer any questions we had.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple