“Great lounge and location!”
Review of The House Hotel

The House Hotel
Ranked #8 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 9 February 2014

If you want to be near the pier and really enjoy the spirit of Galway this place was an amazing stay for me! I absolutely loved it. The room service was great and it has a great family vibe. Wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
galwayguests, General Manager at The House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel via Tripadvisor.

It is always a pleasure to hear of our guests positive experience and we thoroughly look forward to welcoming you and yours back in the near future.

Margaret Jenkins

Write a ReviewReviews (1,142)

Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

10 out of 10 for everything
Booked a dinner for my sister's 50th birthday. We arrived at 7pm for cocktails all the bar staff were brilliant cocktails fabulous! !!! Dinner was booked for 8pm , but some of our party of 14 had not arrived the waiting staff were great in not pushing us to sit
Food and wine just perfect , then just before our dessert, a guy with a guitar just started to play
Great mix of music , we eat our dessert and then never left the dance floor
Just a all round great brilliant night
We will be back
Thanks again to all the staff

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Customer,

I'm delighted to read your '10 out of 10 marks for everything' and you enjoyed your sisters 50th Birthday here at The House Bistro.

The entire team take great pride in the customer service and quality of product we offer and and its rewarding to hear that you enjoyed your night of celebration.

I will certainly be passing your kind words onto all my team here and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed last night and for me the sign of a good hotel is if I have a great night sleep and thankfully I slept like a log.

The rooms are comfortable and clean.

Breakfast is a must. I had bacon egg and sausage and it was very good. Cooked perfectly and very tasty. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing The House Hotel on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us.

Your comments regarding the comfort and cleanliness is well received as all feedback is extremely valuable to us and I will pass your compliments onto my team.

Thank you again for your review and choosing to stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 4 February 2014

We stayed here a few years ago and thought we'd try it out again just before Christmas with our two young kids. Location is key. Was initially a bit anxious about staying here with kids but the staff members were absolutely fantastic and very accommodating. The cost of our family room was a tad high BUT it was the Friday before Christmas so understandable. We booked in, managed to reserve a table in the lounge for dinner and got a hotel recommended babysitter sorted for a few hours. We had the early bird menu..starter/main course delicious, dessert..disappointing. It was pretty wild in the bar by the time we returned from a wander around the town later that night. Christmas party central. I've never seen high heels so high!

The noise wasn't so bad and we managed to sleep. Our bedroom was lovely. King size bed was very comfy and kids managed to sleep in their own beds for a change so comfy all round. Next morning we were up bright and early and had the breakfast. Absolutely well worth having. Such great choices, lots of them and no shortage of food. Staff were great again. A shout out to the receptionist..her name fails me. Blonde lady with Eastern European accent. She was so adorable with our son. He kept bugging her for business cards and she very kindly obliged him every time. Great hotel. Kind staff. The pink is a bit much but it somehow works. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

It was such a pleasure to read your recent review following your stay with us just before Christmas.

It is of the utmost importance to us that we cater for every demographic and I'm delighted that your family enjoyed their stay and were catered for throughout every department.

We appreciate your return custom and support here at The House Hotel and hope to welcome you and your family back in the very near future.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 27 January 2014

It's location, 1 minute walk away from Spanish Arch and Shop Street makes up for any small shortcomings - and (apart from the decor) the only flaw we found was that our deluxe room (203) was a bit small. In relation to the decor, it really is a personal thing: I didn't like the predominant pink colour in the reception area, but my wife did. I wonder is this a girly thing, 'cos there were two hen parties staying on the Saturday night, so maybe it was just done for them?
On the other hand, the staff were all really friendly and obliging. The breakfasts were gorgeous, with a wide variety of options. We didn't dine in the hotel, because there are so many lovely restaurants within a couple of minutes walk.
I had read the warnings about the noise levels from the nightclub, and there was no problem in giving me a room away from it. Consequently, we had a great nights sleep for each of the three nights we stayed.
No hesitation in recommending The House Hotel, and we're looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the music
1  Thank DublinCOL

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel via Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us.

I'm delighted to read you enjoyed the location and staff during your stay and I will be sure to pass your kind words onto my team.

We appreciate all comments and understand pink is the dominant colour in our Lobby area and recognize that everybody has different tastes. We are aiming for a relaxed environment and hope you agree that although pink is present it was still a relaxing environment for you.

We value all constructive, honest feedback and thank you for taking the time to let us know of your thoughts regarding your room size (room 203). Unfortunately, as we are a listed building in the city centre, we are unable to restructure room sizes. Should you wish on your next visit we can offer you an upgrade for only €20.00 per night to our Super Deluxe rooms that are more spacious than a Deluxe Room.

Again, thank you for recommending our Hotel and we wish to welcome you back to stay with us in future.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Firstly, this was not my first stay in the House Hotel, but my 3rd. It's a wonderful cosy place, with a very warm friendly atmosphere that one would expect in a city like Galway. This stay was exceptionally good. We were greeted with a complimentary upgrade to a deluxe room, which was beatifully appointed with a huge comfortable bed. The bathroom was very spacious and the toiletries were quality. The bar is well stocked and I worked my way through half a dozen of their premium gins. They run a late bar at the weekends which was a little noisy but if you're in Galway for a weekend you aren't there to sleep, are you? Skipped the breakfast and checkout was a breeze. Overall, great boutique hotel with a personal service and good value for money

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
galwayguests, General Manager at The House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Return Guest -

I would firstly like to take this opportunity to thank you for your repeat custom and continued support. I'm thrilled to see this is your third visit back to us and that you enjoyed all the facilities the House Hotel has to offer.

My team here takes great pride in their work and service and its great to hear that you were pleased with the service you received upon your return visit.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Hi
My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights over the weekend and we had a ball. Hotel is brilliantly located less than a minute stroll to Shop Street and city centre, parking nearby and cheap. Cool hotel, great atmosphere and vibe especially from the staff who all seemed to be young and upbeat. Great cocktail bar, top class "Old Fashioned". We stumbled on a wine and cheese tasting evening and it was a super night. The staff seemed to enjoy it too especially Mark & Marcel and there was no shortage of vino or cheese on the evening as we can testify too!!! Lovely breakfast and loads of choice hot or cold.
Would definitely recommend this hotel for Galway especially if you want to be in the centre of things . We will definitely be back on our next visit and another wine tasting would be cool if Mark allows us!! Thanks everyone and we'll see ye again. Roy & Kari

Room Tip: Room 205 was top class

Dear Guest,

It was fantastic to read that you and your wife had a ball during your weekend stay and you found the hotel to be an ideal location for your visit.

My staff were so pleased to be mentioned so positively in your review.

I'm delighted you enjoyed the cocktail bar and our newest venture, 'Wine and Cheese tasting' and we will certainly keep you informed of the next one as it was such a success.

Thank you again from all the team here for your review and choosing to stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.