The House Hotel
The Western Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$270
  • Restaurant
Westwood House Hotel(Dangan)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$129
Clayton Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$152
Menlo Park Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$161
Hotels.com
The Connacht Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$144
Hotels.com
US$222
US$202
  • Restaurant
Flannery's Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$257
US$392
US$371
1,186 results
All reviewsorla kielyhen partiesspanish archcar parkhen nightquay streetlatin quartercocktail menulovely hotelreception areadeluxe roomcentral locationlocation is excellentloved this hotellast weekendstayed here for one nightgalway city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Our first impression of the House Hotel on our first ever lunch time visit, was that the decor was somewhat garish, In our opinion the colours tended to clash and overwhelm, giving an overall rather "dated" appearance.

We ordered coffee while we studied the menu. This arrived promptly, but unfortunately, both cups had their contents spilt - my wife saucer was almost overflowing with coffee. There were no teaspoons with either. The cups were placed in front of us without comment; I had to get up and follow the waitress to ask that the saucers be changed, and teaspoons provided. She returned
promptly with clean saucers, but no attempt at an apology.

We both ordered BLT's on ciabatta, which also arrived quite promptly. The lettuce component of the sandwiches consisted largely of stalks which was not something we expected. The bacon was very salty. The sandwiches were accompanied by a side salad, which was drowned in some sort of dressing. All very well if one liked dressings in general, or even that dressing in particular. We both left the overdressed salad untouched.

The price - €21.00 - would have been reasonable if the experience had been better; however, under the circumstances, I must regard it as expensive.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

One of our favourite hotels on the Irish Coast. been to Galway three times and each time have stayed at this hotel absolutely love it I think the deal clincher would be the buffet breakfast it is up there with the best. As much as we like to vary our stays in different hotels we just are always unable to manage it in Galway as with this hotel you know exactly what your getting and it's great value for money

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank travellers123Uk
galwayguests, General Manager at The House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Valued return Guest,

Thank you for leaving such a positive review via Tripadvisor after your recent return visit.

I'm delighted to read you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel and especially the buffet breakfast. I will pass your kind words onto the Chef's who work very hard at keeping our guests happy.

I look forward to welcoming you and yours back to The House again very soon.

Kindest regards,

Margaret Jenkins

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Myself and my husband stayed over night at the Galway House Hotel. It's more for adults/couples than
Families but We did see one child. The decor is
Fantastic. Plenty of deep comfy chairs to relax and unwind in, the decor is very modern and contemporary. It's central to all the restaurants, clubs and pubs, the room was clean, tidy and modern, a complementary bottle of water waiting for us..a small bottle of wine and nibbles were available At a charge, tea and coffee making facilities in the room, the shower was delightful...a Waterfall one! The staff were very helpful, I had a cake for my husbands birthday and they Put it in the fridge til it was needed. Breakfast was great, I had eggs Benedict..a real treat!! I'd highly recommend the Galway House Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014
galwayguests, General Manager at The House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us via Tripadvisor.

We appreciate all your kind words and will pass on your compliments regarding the eggs Benedict.

We are thoroughly delighted you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you and yours back very soon.

Kindest regards,

Margaret Jenkins

Reviewed 11 March 2014

The staff in the house were amazing .we did the cocktail demonstration my party and I had such a great laugh. My mother in law even took a fancy to the bar man. All my guests enjoyed there dinner and breakfast the next day. Some of the girls were even using the free wifi to price another stay in hotel. I would so recommend thisplace to anyone organising a hen party every email I sent I got quick replies every time. We had deluxe doubles and we had loads of space.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
galwayguests, Front Office Manager at The House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent stay with us here at The House Hotel, Galway.

Here at The House Hotel we aim to ensure all our guests have a memorable stay and it would seem on this occasion we were successful. I'm delighted to read that your room met with your expectations and you enjoyed the space in an upgraded Deluxe bedroom. Thank you very much for recommending us to your family & friends.

We all look forward to welcoming you all back in the near future.

Best Regards,
Martha Normantowicz
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Really nice Hotel, lovely linen sheets and really comfortable bed. Location is excellent for Bars and City Centre. We stayed last night (Sunday) and it was really relaxing in the bar and the Porter could not do enough for us. He was on the ball and anyone coming in to Reception got his immediate attention as did we until very late. We will stay again. Only one small thing that surprised me. The glass panel in the downstairs Gents was really grubby and some mildew on it and our bathroom could have done with a little storage shelf at the sink.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
galwayguests, Front Office Manager at The House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your break at The House Hotel, Galway. Thank you in particular for your feedback on our Night Porter. We take pride in ensuring our customer’s satisfaction and we are so glad to read your kind words about our staff. I will pass your kind words onto our Night Porter who was on duty on Sunday night.

I am disappointed to hear you have found a glass panel in Gents not cleaned properly. We pride ourselves of keeping all public areas clean and tidy at all times. I can assure you this is a very rare and isolated incident to which we can only apologies for. I have passed your comment onto our Housekeeping Manager.

Overall I am delighted to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Best Regards,