“Perfect break”

Ranked #6 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Limerick, Ireland
“Perfect break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Perfect in every way....great food, decor gorgeous, lovely staff, so central.. and great value for money. Well done House hotel Galway...very hard to find a good alrounder. Will definately be back and spreading the news about your great offers.

Room Tip: Make sure windows are closed during the night. There are double windows that keep out the noise if y...
1 Thank Delphine D
galwayguests, General Manager at The House Hotel, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving your amazing comments after your recent visit with us through Tripadvisor.

We appreciate great feedback and look forward to welcoming you and yours back in the near future.

Maragret Jenkins

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Palm Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Love, love, loved this hotel. Beautifully decorated, staff was very professional and helpful, and loved the location as well as the restaurant/bar area. traveling from the United States we loved the air conditioning and the walk in shower for my mom who is 82 years young. the shower is most important allowing my mom privacy in her own room within having to climb into a tub to shower. All newly decorated and enjoyed the breakfast package with the room before we headed out for site seeing each day. Front desk was very helpful with our travel road maps and recommendations about the roads. Will definitely recommend and stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a walk in shower if you have a need for one.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
galwayguests, Front Office Manager at The House Hotel, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Teresa,

Thank you so much for taking the time to feed back your wonderful comments following your recent stay with us.

It was such a pleasure to accommodate you and your family members during your recent visit. We're delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

It is such a delight to read your comments regarding our staff members, what a wonderful accolade. Our guests are very special to us and we want them to have a warm, welcoming and wonderful stay.

We truly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Regards,
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I had been very excited to stay in this hotel as I had heard fantastic things.
Firstly I loved the decor and furnishings- quite girly and quirky.
The hotel reception itself is smaller than I imagined but not an issue, just something I noticed. The bedroom was lovely and it was clean as you would expect. The bathroom light kept flickering however on and off however it obviously didn't bother us that much that we felt the need to complain about it.
The food was fantastic. Breakfast was probably the best breakfast I've ever had in a hotel. Lots of options too. We had dinner one of the nights too and it was very nice , I'd definitely eat here again.

However the price is quite high to stay here.. Although prices in Galway are expensive especially in the summer and it is in a prime location. Having to pay for parking while paying such high hotel prices was a let down.
All in all though I really enjoyed the House Hotel and it's fantastic location!

Stayed August 2014
Dear Katie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments via tripadvisor.

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the lovely decor in our Lobby area and we too love pink here at The House. Even our Receptionists uniform is a funky pink!

Thank you for your positive feedback re cleanliness of your bedroom and also for mentioning the problem with flickering light in the bathroom. We have checked lights in all bathrooms immediately & resolved an issue.

I will pass on your compliments also to our chef’s who enjoy hearing all comments from our valued guest.

As a centrally located Hotel unfortunately we do not have our own car park. ‘Hynes Yard’ Multi-storey Car Park which we have an arrangement with is located only 100 yards away from our Hotel and it offer reduced rate of €7.00 for 24h to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Little jewel at the heart of Galway city. Stayed there on the first night of my honeymoon. Served food late and had a wonderful cocktail bar. Room was spacious and modern, food was tasty and portions were generous. No on site parking but facilities were close by.

Dear Damien,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the House Hotel and our Cocktail Bar & Bistro. It is always such a pleasure to hear great and positive feedback from our valued customers and I'm delighted to read you thoroughly enjoyed your stay from start to finish of your honeymoon.

We look forward to having you and yours visit our Hotel in the near future.

Best Regards,
Martha Normantowicz,
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

My wife and I have just spent two nights at the House Hotel in Galway, Ireland (14th and 15th August 2014.)
Not the cheapest place to stay in Galway but very good value for money and right in the thick of things downtown and just around the corner from the "Latin Quarter."
It is about 2 minutes walk to this place which is where all the bars and restaurants are. They have a pink and mauve themed reception area which as a bloke I found a little overpowering at first but the ladies will certainly like it.The rooms are quite unique in that the decor is pretty non standard and very individual. I found our room very light and airy. The bed, duvet and pillows were probably the best I have slept in and on in over 40 years of staying in good hotels. On our first morning I was awoken with very loud traffic noise from trucks making there way probably to the docks for the early morning crossing to the Aran Islands. However this was due to me leaving the double glazed windows open! I hadn't noticed there was an air conditioner in the room (which actually worked properly!). I slept like a log the next night.
I have to mention that the staff who are predominantly female were excellent in their attention to detail, particularly when serving breakfast. They were all very polite and full of advice about things to do locally. They all appeared to be very happy and enjoying working at the hotel.
We didn't dine there in the evening but had breakfast on both days. There is a self service buffet but not for hot food. They do however unusually serve fresh salmon. I can't recall seeing this as a breakfast option in any other hotel. This is usually because it is quite expensive. A nice touch.
However the full Irish breakfast was superb. Non of it was pre cooked, packaged stuff which most hotels seem to serve these days. I suspect that most of it is locally sourced and it tasted wonderful. The sausages were superb along with the white and black pudding. I didn't eat the puddings this morning as I was full up. They will do your eggs to order as well. Fried, scrambled or whatever.
All in all a very pleasant, different hotel experience which as a seasoned hotel veteran I thoroughly enjoyed. I would recommend the House Hotel to anyone staying in Galway. We shall certainly stay there again when visiting.

Room Tip: All rooms are individually furnished and none are the same. Ours was superbly furnished and decorate...
Dear Dennis,

First and foremost thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your recent stay here at The House Hotel. We really do appreciate your lovely comments in relation to our décor.

I'm delighted to read that your room met with your expectations and you enjoyed the comfort of our new bedding . We aim to have a home away from home experience for our valued guests and I'm happy you picked up on this during your stay.

It was a pleasure to read you enjoyed your Breakfast on both mornings. Our Head Chef and his team are using locally sourced ingredients to ensure that each dish is full of mouth watering flavours that guests will leave wanting to come back over and over again not only for Breakfast but also on our lunch & evening menu.

Thank you for recommending our Hotel and we wish to welcome you back to stay with us in future.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

We got slightly lost through the cobblestone streets on our way over, but once we found it we were very happy with everything during our 3-night stay.

First impressions: the receptionists were friendly and helpful; the lobby was well-furnished and very pink (in a funky, trendy way); the (attached) bar atmosphere and prices were good; and the room was very comfortable with nice beds and a big tub.

We enjoyed great food service in the lobby (who doesn't want a fresh scone and coffee served to you on a luxurious pink couch?) - even the brand new waitress serving us was on the ball. We didn't have the breakfast buffet, but it seemed like a good selection.

As I *always* say: The lobby is where the party starts. This turned out to be true; around 9pm on a Friday (Saturday?) there was a steady flow of people into the lobby and bar, including a hen party that joined us on the sofas! Fast service, good food/drinks... Great time.

Of course, the location is also amazing, as it's right beside the Spanish Arch, the waterfront & the Claddagh, shops, etc.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
galwayguests, General Manager at The House Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review following your stay here at The House Hotel. We hope you thoroughly enjoyed your stay in Galway – and what a great time you choose to visit!

Summertime is always fun and entertaining in Galway. I’m delighted to hear your lovely comments in relation to our reception team – customer service is always number one here at The House and we pride ourselves on our staff.

Yes, you’re right when you say “The Lobby is where the party starts” and I am delighted that you enjoyed the weekend atmosphere here in the hotel. We are a very popular local venue at the weekends for socialising also and it’s nice to receive such lovely feedback.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to The House Hotel again in the near future.

Kindest,
Margaret
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

If you are driving to stay at this hotel,be warned..the parking arrangements are just not on. We arrived at the hotel, and were forced to drive around a one way system twice, as there was no where to pull in(on their website it states that they have a set down area at the enterence}If you pull in at this point,you are parked on double yellow lines and in danger of being struck by oncoming traffic.THERE IS NO SET DOWN AREA!!!so what do you do??? I was forced to park elsewhere in order to find out from reception where to park.I was then informed that the hotel had no parking of its own,but I could pay a daily rate at a multi story car park about 500 metre`s away??? so how do I get all my luggage into the hotel? You walk all the way back to the hotel with your five bags of luggage,and if you have a disabled person with you..just forget it.I decided at this point to cancel my booking as I felt extremely annoyed at not being made aware of this.The receptionist was rude and questioned me,stating that parking arrangements are stated in the automatic booking response letter, sent to me by email,I have since checked this and couldn't find any such thing.She also stated that I had stayed at this hotel two years previously, and should know about the parking situation.This is also untrue.She then wanted to charge me the full rate for cancelling at short notice...at this point I asked to speak to the manager.I found her nice to deal with and quite understanding ,she told me that there would be no charge and that the hotel is honest about its parking arrangement.This is just simply not the case and that is why I have chosen to write this review.I would like the manageress to address all the issues, for the record in her response to this bad review and please state if you have a proper set down as described on your website.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank barryands
Dear Mr. barryands,

The House Hotel has a set down area, located just outside the main door of the hotel, which suitably parks approximately 4 – 5 cars. As it is peak season at the moment this is usually quite busy and will at most times be full/ filling up. We try to manage this and allow guests to offload their luggage check in and then move their car around to the car park, located on Merchants Road.

Unfortunately in Galway most hotels don’t have their own private car park but we are very lucky to have an arrangement in place with Hynes Yard, a multi-story car park located down beside the hotel, offering our guests one of the cheapest 24 hour rates for car parking in Galway.

I have spoken to the lady that dealt with you on reception and her reaction was due to sheer shock than anything else and she in no way intended to be rude or question your complaint.

We have never before had a booking cancelled due to our car park and she was only outlining the company guidelines in relation to cancellation when she mentioned that cancelling your booking on such short notice would result in charging for the night’s stay.

I did speak to you after this however and agreed that as a gesture of good will we would not charge you and allowed you to depart at no expense.

I have taken your comments on board in relation to the confirmation letter outlining the car parking facilities offered and I certainly stand corrected on the information provided within it. I have since spoken with the company who manages our website to get this altered.

Best,