1,303 results
All reviews orla kiely hen parties spanish arch car park hen night latin quarter shop street deluxe room lovely hotel reception area loved this hotel central location location is excellent stayed here for one night galway city food was lovely full irish
Reviewed 20 June 2010

I stay one night in the house hotel on a saturday. It cost me €150.00 for the 1 night which i found really expensive but i needed somewhere in a hurry. Its a lovely hotel but the room was extremely small, luckily i was on my own. My bathroom was also tiny and i could barely get in cos the door nearly hits the toilet. No parking in the hotel and you need to park a good bit away. I didnt have breakfast. Hotel is pretty central to eyre square / city centre. I would stay again if i could afford it.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2010

We did one night in the house hotel and by in large it was good. Very disappointed that our room didn't have a bath (shower only). The room is on the small side, especially the bathroom, the door barely opens past the toilet bowl, reminded us of hotels in Japan. The breakfast was only OK- service was poor. there was no bread,y pancakes were like rubber, my husband had eggs Benedict which were served with a slice of ham rolled up on the side of the plate- presentation was all a bit sloppy. There is no parking at the hotel but just up the road there is discounted parking for residents (8e per 24hr). Be warned it is the most the dirtiest car park I've ever been in, you'd be frightened to touch the door handle.

Reviewed 10 June 2010

I stayed in The House Hotel for the week of my sister's wedding and both families felt so comfortable & looked after that we could have been in our own homes! The service was impecible and they bent over backwwards to make sure everything was how the bride and groom had wanted it to be, but without being imposing. They were so friendly and warm, non of us wanted to leave.
The rooms were very comfortable and the food was always delicious! I had the fortune of being there for so many nights, I had a different breakfast every morning and each one was as nice as the next.
This is all on top of the fact that it is a stone's throw from the beautiful city centre!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2010

we stayed here for 2 nights during our trip around the west last month. this hotel is conveniently located in the heart of galway. the food was delicious. rooms really neat. service was friendly.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2010

My son just completed a term at NUI-Galway and stayed severeal nights at The House Hotel when things got a little too rowdy at his college apartment...The Staff was wonderful to him and always welcomed him and our family when we came to stay there....You can't beat the location and the comfort...The food isn't great, though, so I recommend eating out ...The Malt House is nearby and EXCELLENT as is Griffin's Bakery for breakfast...

Galway is great and The House is the only place I'll stay whenever I return.

• Trip type: Travelled with family