Abacus Guest House
US$187
US$177
  • Restaurant
Westwood House Hotel(Dangan)(Great Value!)
US$158
Salthill Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$195
Travelocity
Flannery's Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$141
US$221
US$213
  • Restaurant
The Connacht Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$155
Travelocity
Maldron Hotel Galway(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
US$127
Hotels.com
US$341
US$312
Travelocity
All reviewsb bcotton ballsbreakfast was deliciousquiet locationhome away from homehelpful hostsclose to downtownrental carvisiting galwaystay there againsingle roomminute drivearan islandsstayed for two nightsa lovely staylouiseguesthouse
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Bridge's comfy rooms, lovely breakfast and gracious Irish hospitality was overshadowed by the BEST SHOWER EVER at her B&B. for all of these reason I wish we stayed more than one night. She prepared a thoughtful made to order breakfast for each of the 5 of us. Her breakfast room bright, cheery and comfy. She was so pleasant, and a natural host, not in a pushy or fake.sort of way. The room was so comfortable and well decorated, spacious room for our family of. 5, with 3 beds and plenty of storage we felt so relaxed and at home.

We arrived in galway at 4 pm and drove around city Ctr looking for lodging and had no luck, Kind owners of another B&b, Carmel from teach na Coiribe, called ahead to Bridge and secured us the last available room at abacus, we were so lucky!!!! Was a bit skeptical about being so far away from the " action" of downtown,but it was not a problem at all.
Must comment again on the shower, not just best in Ireland, but best EVER!!!!! And I have been in many showers..... Such great water pressure and easy to customize, it was glorious!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Very friendly and helpful lovely clean room great shower great breakfast central for day tripping around that area. Would defiantly stay there again and spend more time around that area to have a better look at the west coast of Ireland. Thanks.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I arrived in Galway on a Saturday evening, and the night of the Champions League final, and needless to say it was very difficult to find a room. After checking a couple places and hotels, I happened upon Abacus Guest House, and was I ever glad that I did! I would definitely recommend this place to any traveller:

* Great hospitality: the family who runs the house has years of B&B and hotel experience, which definitely shows. The rooms and house overall have the professional touches of a hotel, but with the charm and hospitality of a relatively small guest house. Simple things like an information packet in the room showing where points of interest, or live music spots in Galway made the stay more enjoyable. When I was leaving, I asked to make (and pay) for a long distance call to Dublin - the owner refused to take payment from me! They really care about the people who stay there, and want to make sure you feel at home.

* Competitive Rate: most rooms were sold out in Galway, and hotels were charging an arm and a leg (not to mention that they were all sold out). The owners at Abacus had one room left when I came in, but they charged me the normal rate, and not something artificially inflated. I was travelling alone, and they accommodated the price accordingly. I was very impressed.

* Good location: the location isn't right in the heart of Galway, which was perfectly fine. It's outside of the busy center, which allowed me a good night's rest. At the same time, it's close enough for a quick drive in to the center.

* CLEAN! This is my number one priority, and I must say that I was impressed. The bed and linens were fresh and crisp, the washroom was spotless, and the room in general was well kept.

* Good size of room: I was travelling alone, and was put into a double room, which had a comfortable bed and plenty of space. There was an area between the washroom and bedroom that had a closet (if you're staying for longer), and enough room for all of your belongings. This would definitely be a comfortable size if you're travelling in a pair.

* Tasty breakfast: breakfast was served hot and fresh in the morning. A good selection of fresh fruit, yogurt, and the Full Irish was perfect. I was encouraged to eat more, and was repeatedly offered more toast, juice, and food, which was nice to see.

* Room for improvement: the TV was rather small, but who really cares? I watched the Champions League final on it, and it was great, so no complaints there. The shower head could be a little higher pressure, but I think that's just us North Americans that have gotten used to that; the shower head at Abacus was better than most B&B I stayed at during my two weeks in Ireland.

Overall, a great stay. I would recommend this place because it is clean, great hospitality, and a good location to Galway. Don't hesitate.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 May 2013

This B&B is one of the best I've ever seen. The decoration is brilliant.
Everything's clean, rooms are big, quiet and confortable, the shower is terrific.
The owners are always available, smilling nice and helpful.
The full Irish Breackfast served in the morning is generous and delicious.
To finish, I want to thanks a million the owners to make our stay as best as possible and I recommand this B&B to everyone who wanted to be in a quiet neighbourhood, not that far from the city centre (10mins by bus or 4mins by car) and who would like to discover Galway in great conditions!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We had a lovely night and fabulous Irish breakfast at Abacus B&B. Location was really good for us and the room lovely and large. Brid the owner couldn't have been more charming and helpful and even rang us to make sure we had a set of keys as she was due out for the evening. Breakfast was lovely and especially loved the fresh soda bread and white and black pudding. Perfect start to the day ! Next time we are in Galway we will be heading back to Abacus. Thanks for memorable stay Brid

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple