“Such a wonderful treat! You MUST stay here....”

Abbeylee Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #37 of 186 Galway B&B and Inns
Bountiful, Utah
“Such a wonderful treat! You MUST stay here....”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Mike and Mary are amazing hosts and you will find the place to be clean, refreshing, and very comfortable. We just left a wonderful 2-night stay and wish we could have stayed longer. The beds are especially comfortable, the breakfast prepared by Mary is amazing and filling, and the location is ideal if you want to walk along the boardwalk below Salt Hill. Special thanks to our hosts for a great time. Well certainly be back to stay next trip and will gladly refer the Abbeylee to r friends. Jackie & Laurie

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank AnywhereButUtah

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Mike and Mary are very sweet hosts! They helped us with information when we needed it, using their map to help direct us. The breakfast was very good. They have a small serve yourself bar where you can select from breads, cheese, juice, and jam. They offer an appetizing menu with several different Irish breakfast selections, I loved the French toast. The rooms were clean and comfortable with extra linens in the closet. The location was easy to find, we just typed the address into our GPS. When we checked out of this B&B I left my ring in the bathroom on the sink. I came back an hour later after realizing I had left it and Mary greeted me with my ring in her hand! She had written me and e-mail saying that I left it behind! Mary was very honest and had every intention of making sure I got my ring back.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Candice B
Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights towards the end of our ten day trip. Great location to get to Conemara and the Aran Islands. Mike and Mary were lovely. When we pulled in, Mike had to boot open and our bags out before we even turned the car off. He brought them upstairs for us. What service! The room was a bit small, but cozy and met our needs just fine. On our second night, we were so tired we just wanted to stay in. Mary made us right at home in the living room to enjoy our take out that we had delivered. The home is in a neighborhood that is really close to the bus route. We took the bus into City Center and navigated easily without a problem. We would stay here again in a minute.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank rr04841
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Believe the reviews. Fantastic place to rest your head, have a good Irish breakfast and go exploring. Marie and Michael are genuinely interested in sharing stories. Very clean and comfortable and not too far from Salthill and a bit further to Galway centre. If you want a relaxed, reasonably priced welcoming place to stay in Galway, I can easily recommend Abbeylee.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Smyrna, Georgia
Reviewed 24 April 2013

My friend and I stayed in Abbey Lee for one night in April 2013. We were very pleased with the experience. Marie was very welcoming - we really enjoyed talking with her. Our room was very cute and clean with comfortable beds, little complementary toiletries and good light. Loved the homemade jams, and my friend said the breakfast puddings were the best she'd ever had. This b&b is located in a nice neighborhood, right around the corner from a bus stop, and the bus takes you directly into the city centre. Thanks for a wonderful stay in Galway!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Lily room, which faces the back of the house.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Schaumburg, Illinois
Reviewed 14 April 2013

My family and I went to Ireland in March 2013. We had a package deal and got to pick out a few B&B's to stay in along our journey. By the time we got to the Abbeylee we were tired and in great need of a midday nap. We were all shown to our rooms and laid down for a bit, I suddenly awoke to an amazing smell. Marie was baking! I went down stairs and she handed me a plate of fresh baked muffins to take back upstairs to my family. They were amazing! Shortly after that my son came to my room and told me that he was not feeling well at all. I went back down and asked Mike if there was a doctor near by. He picked up the phone and called his own family doctor and got us an appointment right then! He told me to get my son and he would take us to the doctor. This was amazing to me. Mike and Marie treated us like family. The next morning when we went down stairs for breakfast there was a menu on our table and we got to choose what we wanted. I have to say that the way these 2 cook, I would have liked to have had every thing on that menu :-) I had the full Irish breakfast and the fresh baked scones, it had to have been the best breakfast I had had anywhere in Ireland. If I ever go back to Ireland I am defiantly staying at the Abbeylee again. The place is beautiful and very homey. Mike and Marie are wonderful people with kind hearts and amazing cooking ability. What more could anyone ask for :-) Thanks again Mike and Marie for an amazing visit.

Room Tip: I only rated Terrible for the swimming pool because the was no swimming pool. The rooms are all bea...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank skenneavy
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 25 March 2013

My husband and I stayed a night at Abbey Lee and highly recommend it. We got there after a very cold, rainy, and windy day in Inis Mor, followed by a rocky and scary ferry ride back to Galway. We were tired, cold, and hungry! Marie helped us inside and basically treated us like we were her own children. Both her and Michael were so friendly and helped us find a great restaurant and gave us lots of good advice for shopping in Galway. Our room was cozy and the breakfast was delicious. It's in a great location- near the ocean, close to Galway city centre, and not far from the ferries that go to the Aran Islands.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple