“Top Notch Tour for Two”

Galway on Foot - Walking Tours of Galway City
Ranked #15 of 58 Tours in Galway
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Want to hear the story and stories of Galway? Come with us and we'll bring you where the tour buses can't - for a leisurely and entertaining stroll through the heart, history and vibrant culture of Ireland's fantastic western capital. Let us share our knowledge, stories and love of this very special city with you. Interesting, informative and very definitely good craic, trust Galway on Foot to set you on the right track in the City of the Tribes.
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My wife and I booked a tour with Sean last week. Just the two of us. Sean is charming, easy going, and knowledgeable. He takes the time to lay the basis for the tour, and to check out what your interests and knowledge level are in a chat at the beginning of the walk. Its obvious he enjoys Galway and the Irish culture that lives and breathes there. Besides tour content, he's personally familiar with restaurants, venues for traditional music and other points of interest. We tried many of his recommendations during our visit. They were always spot on. During our two week stay in Ireland we were in Belfast, Kilkenny, Kinsale, Galway and Dublin. We went on many tours, some of them pretty lame. Sean's tour was exceptional. I thoroughly recommend his walking tour.

1  Thank WFN2014

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Learnt so much in such a small space of time. Really enjoyed it and rowan was such a great guide. Woukd definitely recommend this if your in galway

1  Thank Nathaniel C
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I've been on various walking tours in a number of locations but this one is certainy one to catch if you have some free time in Galway city. Not only is this for tourists but locals will be amazed with how much they'll learn from this tour. It's a real eye-opener!

On top of this - it's a lot of fun!

1  Thank JimmyG77Galway
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I have been living in Galway for over a year and realised I never got to explore the city properly so I book myself on a tour of Galway by Foot.
This was such a great experience!
For an hour and a half Sean took us around the heart of the city explaining in depth the fascinating history of Galway's past, telling us captivating tales and historical facts delivered with a good sense of humour and fun! The time flew by!
I would defenitly reccomend this tour with out any hesitation.

SeanLeonard, Owner at Galway on Foot - Walking Tours of Galway City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

I've been promising to reply to reviews for years, so here goes!
Thank you so much for your kind review - it was a real treat to show the city to someone who lives here, and I hope you found the tour as enjoyable as I found your marvellous food tour!
Looking forward to seeing you again soon.
-Seán

Reviewed 15 May 2014

During our travels throughout Ireland, we decided to give Galway a try. Having heard the city was a little behind the times, we went with some trepedation. Boy, what a surprise This is an awesome little city. We drove through and around the area and found it to be clean, and easy to navigate. They have a beautiful Cathedral that you can visit and we strongly advise you to do so. Then we went to the Pedestrian Only area and what a treat. They have blocks and blocks of things going on. Loads of restaurants, pubs, shops, and yes, a RUIN, right on the street! It is a very old castle. (small but very inviting). Walking was lots of fun. Old cobblestone streets with venders selling ice creams and clothing. Eyre Square is very close by. It is a charming park with people milling around everywhere. You are also very near the Spanish Arches that stand next to a charming river where you can settle down on a bench and watch the world go by. Go to Galway. You will have a wonderful time. Parking is easy and right on the street. No meters !!