“Excellent Location, Comfortable Rooms, Delicious breakfast,”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galway
Marless House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 189 Galway B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We just spent 3 nights at the Marless House. Mary and Tom are excellent hosts. The breakfasts were spectacular, the rooms immaculate, the beds so comfortable and spacious, and the location made it possible for us to visit the area without using our car.

We can't say enough about how helpful Mary was during our stay!!

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Loved our stay here! House was beautiful, nicely decorated and clean. Beds were comfortable and nicely sized bathroom. Mary and her husband (owners) we friendly and helpful, we enjoyed talking to them! The breakfast was to die for! Would stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Our party of 6 arrived at Marless house 24th May for a four night stay after a nightmare journey from the UK, we were pleased to be greeted on arrival by Tom who impressed us with his wit and charm and insisted we all had tea and biscuits in the beautiful lounge. Very much appreciated at any time but especially after our journey.

We met the wonderful Mary the next morning at the breakfast table where we experienced our second taste of real professional hospitality, the breakfasts were a joy with seemingly unlimited choice and portions big enough to fulfil even my daughters rugby player sized partners appetite.

My wife and I were allocated one of the downstairs rooms which I'm lead to believe is slightly smaller than those upstairs but even so it was generously sized, spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated. The room rate represents extremely good value for money.

Mary and Tom really are the hosts with the most, the superheroes of Salthill, always a tale to tell, a friendly smile and a informative on every subject for which we asked information.

Marless House really is the most perfect B&B and I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting the area, we are certainly planning to return.

This B&B is well located a few kilometers from Galway City and a few metres from the ocean, ideal for a stroll on the prom or for the brave a swim.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Lovely place worth all of its rave reviews. We had the smallest room and bed but still very much ok for me and my husband. Perfectly clean and lovely bathroom too. The breakfast was huge and tasty! Great walk to the centre of Galway - would stay again!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I had a great stay at Marless House. Owners Mary and Tom were excellent and very helpful owners. The B&B is situated in a fantastic location in Upper Salthill with the bus unto Galway less than 5 minutes walking distance away if you do not walk down into Galway yourself. Mary was very gracious in preparing my room despite my early arrival. The room was very clean and met my every expectation. Both Mary and Tom were helpful in providing recommendations and directions for restaurants and how to travel into Galway proper. The B&B was in a great location for the promenade and being able to walk along the water every evening after exploring Galway and other areas. The breakfast provided every morning was always fresh and the hot food from the menu was tasty and prepared to order. I want to thank Mary graciously for her assistance in arranging my tour to see the fantastic Cliffs of Moher and the taxi to the bus station to my next destination. I definitely recommend Marless House as a great place to stay as you explore Galway. The hosts, location and price cant be beat. I will stay here again when I return to Ireland.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here three nights during our vacation in May. Mary was full of information and so helpful to us! She provided maps and directions to the places we wanted to visit and gave us advice on transportation into Galway. Salthill is a convenient location, easy to get to Galway by bus. Marless house is an easy 10 minute walk into Salthill. Our room was clean and comfortable. My husband especially liked the electric blankets. Breakfast was excellent and we never left hungry! We had a wonderful stay and would love to return!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Mary and Tom couldn't have been better hosts. The room was spotless, the location worked well for my aunt and me -- a short walk to the promenade, out of the way of downtown. Do note that the rooms are all upstairs, so you will be hauling your luggage up a flight. That was pretty typical of all the B&Bs we stayed in, and shared with us in advance. Not a problem for us, but if you have mobility issues, do be aware.

Breakfast was great -- lots of choices, made to order in a lovely dining room. After nearly 39 years running a B&B, these two have got it down. On our second morning, we needed to head out very early. Mary took the time the night before to show us where things were kept in the kitchen so we could make tea and have a light breakfast. She even left us some very yummy scones. You won't go wrong staying with Mary and Tom.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family