“Tour of Connemara”
Review of Healy Tours

Healy Tours
Ranked #21 of 62 Tours in Galway
More attraction details
Owner description: Daily Tours to the Cliffs of Moher, Burren, Connemara & Cong regions from Dublin & Galway all year round. Highlights include: 2hour stop at the Cliffs of Moher, Aillwee Caves, Burren Birds of Prey & Doolin. Also Kylemore Abbey & Gardens, Cong village, Quiet Man and more.
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My daughter and I took this tour to Connemara and Kylemore Abbey on May 16. John, the guide, was a local and quite knowledgeable about the area. He was also a lovely man. The scenery was spectacular. We chose this particular Healy Tour on the web because it included the famine village, while other companies did not. We left Galway and made a 15 minute stop in Salthill to pick up some passengers. We proceeded to Spiddel went to the bogs, then made a 20 minute stop in a seemingly random town to wait to pick up some new passengers there. We viewed the Connemara marble factory from the bus while the new passengers were getting on. We then continued on to Kylemore Abbey. It became apparent that we weren't going to stop at the famine village. Fortunately, we spoke with John who negotiated with the other passengers, and we were able to stop at the famine village on the way back. Overall, the tour was good and John was a good guide. There is a disclaimer in the brochure about changes in routes, so if you choose to make this trip with Healy Tours, be sure to confirm that you will stop at the places you want to see.

2  Thank ciaomama
"day tour"
in 27 reviews
"ailwee caves"
in 7 reviews
"absolutely loved this tour"
in 3 reviews
"photo stops"
in 10 reviews
"coach driver"
in 4 reviews
"poulnabrone dolmen"
in 6 reviews
"recommend this tour company"
in 5 reviews
in 58 reviews
in 60 reviews
in 159 reviews

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We used the service of this company on April 2014 I've booked 2 tours online, and afterwords, send the e-mail with the detail of my hotel - to be sure that the bus will pick us up at the hotel (as there is a free pick up service, (as all companies in Galway are provided), and get the answer that everything is confirmed. On the morning of the tour day we've waited more that 30 minutes - bus did not show up. When we started to call to the office, the manager almost yelled at me - at first place he told me that they did not know that they should pick us up, than changed his mind and told me that there was a bus, but no one was in front of the hotel... After all we have to change the tours, because they told me that they will not give us our money back. (But I should say, that the guide was very nice and funny). Anyway, I would non recommended this company, because even if the tour and tour- guide are very interesting - you could just not to get there, because they might forget about you....

7  Thank nebbiosita
HealyToursGalway, Manager at Healy Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank for your comments in relation to your thoughts about our service and work organisation. We regret to hear that your experience with our company was not up to standard but from our customers comments below others think different. Please find below one of many satisfied reviews of previous customer service experiences.

“A First Rate Experience”

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 19 July 2013

My family recently took The Cliffs of Moher Tour with Healy's. Paul Healy was fantastic. He emailed me promptly each time I had a question. He also called me on my mobile when I had no email access. We were picked up outside our hotel free of charge to join the tour and dropped back again later which was a lifesaver!. John, our driver was pleasant and informative.The bus was comfortable and air-conditioned. We had approx. 1 1/2 hours at the Cliffs, an hour at Ailwee Caves.There was coffee, souvenir shopping etc. there at the caves. Some passengers also opted to walk The Burren or see The Birds of Prey Center. We had lunch at Fitzpatrick's which took about 45 mins. We stopped at Poulnabroune Dolmen and some Castles for photo opportunities along the way. We were able to take the coast road on the way back to Galway for magnificent sights of the west coast. We were with our cousins and a 12 & 13 year old. Everyone enjoyed the day and vowed to take the tour again sometime. We would encourage anyone to take this trip. It was well worth the money.FYI Attractions, lunch, snacks cost more but they are very reasonable. MANY THANKS TO ALL WHO WORK FOR HEALY'S, YOU HAVE A FIRST RATE COMPANY.

We hope you will try our day tour service again in the future!

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

My friend and I went on both the tour to the Cliffs and of Connemara. We were lucky enough to have Dave as our guide on both trips! (Thanks again Dave!!) But really we would have been lucky no matter what as everyone involved with the company was absolutely fantastic!! The tours themselves were to such beautiful places and were very well balanced between walking and driving. We learned about the natural and social history of the areas as well as some local gossip. We had so much fun!! We got some great pictures and now we also have some fantastic stories thanks to everyone at Healy Tours!

I really can't recommend Healy Tours enough!

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I took the two day bus tour to Connemara and the Kylemore Abbey as well as the Cliffs of Moher. Both days the drivers were insightful and talked just enough to give us interesting facts but not too much so we could enjoy the scenery.

We stopped at a local crafters village on the way to Kylemore Abbey which was really unique to typical tourist stops.

On the way back from the Cliffs we stopped for a delicious lunch with some of the best food on our trip so far. Seafood chowder and salmon were delicious.

We had two different guides and both were terrific. They were funny, played great music and were always appropriate with my 11 year old daughter present on the tour.

I am so grateful that we did not rent a car on the Irish roads and learned a lot about the west coast from our tour.

Thank you for a wonderful tour!