“Great Tours”
Review of Healy Tours

Healy Tours
Ranked #20 of 59 Tours in Galway
More attraction details
Owner description: Daily Tours to the Cliffs of Moher, Burren, Connemara & Cong regions from Dublin & Galway all year round. Highlights include: 2hour stop at the Cliffs of Moher, Aillwee Caves, Burren Birds of Prey & Doolin. Also Kylemore Abbey & Gardens, Cong village, Quiet Man and more.
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My wife and I booked both the Cliffs of Moher and the Connemara tours with Healy before we left the States. It's always a risk doing this without some advice from the locals but we were not disappointed. We were picked up at our hotel both days (we did have to walk back) and delivered to the starting point. This central location is chaos since all the tours start from here (this was true for every tour we took on this vacation) but we were loaded on the tour bus. Since we were going on both tours, it was suggested that we switch the order and do the Connemara tour first since the weather for the next day looked like rain (in Ireland, who knew!) and we'd have a better time at Kylemore Abbey in sunshine. That was a great suggestion. The Driver/Guide (John, the taller one) was really informative and we saw everything we expected. One reason some sixtes might not be shown is that tourists often do not come back at the required time and that impacts the tour. We did have to go back and get someone and that took time away from the tour, but that's not the drivers fault. Both tours were great. We would have liked to spend more time at each site but that's not the way these tours work. Rent a car if you want more time at a location. We couldn't be happier with the Healy Tours and the service we received. The value exceeded the cost.

2  Thank Larry C

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I have been on 6 tours with Healy Tours and I would never chose an other Company. Healy are professionel and well informed drivers/guides with a sense of humor which gives the Tour a fantastic edge. I will warm recommend Healy Tours - a whole day experience to either the cliffs of moher or connemara. I have had 5 different drivers - all with their own special touch that maked the tours fantastic! A must in Galway!

1  Thank Camilla V
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We were only in Galway for 3 days so we decided to book a day long tour which was easily done over the internet and by email. The Coach Station from which the bus departs was just around the corner from our Hotel which was great. We registered as requested at 10.15am and the tour left the station at 10.30am on the dot. The driver and guide was a local man from Connemara and was very proud of his local area. His knowledge was impressive and the snippets of advise etc that he gave along the way was great. He got us to all of our locations in a timely and safe fashion but was restricted at some sights by the rules imposed by our Tourist Board and we could only stay 10 minutes in some of them. He was friendly to everyone on the bus. As part of the day the tour company had booked us into a pub/restaurant for lunch and the food was varied and adequate to keep us going for the rest of the tour. Eur20 for a tour from 10.30am to 6pm is great value I think!

4  Thank HMKlein
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I booked a tour with Healy tours last Sunday to Connemara and Kylemore Abbey and our driver was John. I took the full day tour which starts at 10AM and there is another tour starts at 11.30AM which is called the half day tour. While we stopped for tea, the driver announced that there was a problem with the bus which took off at 11.30AM so the passengers of that bus is going to join with us. We waited for 15-20 mins for them to join us and there were only 4 of them.

I'm not sure whether there was a problem with the second bus as the passengers were brought to the place where we were using the same bus. For me it was much of a trick to cut down a second trip to the same place with only 4 passengers while our bus had room for them. I can still live with that if the tour could take us for all places that they promised. We didn't visit Replica of Quiet Man Cottage which is given in the tour website as a place covered in the tour. I don't know why the driver didn't take us there but I assume this could be because of the time we killed waiting for others to arrive. I would be very happy if the driver could take us to Replica of Quiet Man Cottage as well as promised.

2  Thank sanjrockz
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We had a great time with Healy tours! we went on the afternoon tour for the cliffs and the next day we chose the tour to Connemara. it was a really great experience! the drivers are really funny (thank you John!) and tell you everything worth to know about the region and like to joke around. they make also a very big effort to speak slowly and clearly so that non native speakers understand them as well. we enjoyed our trip a lot!
nevertheless, there are 2 things that were a little unpleasant:
1. the entrance prices are not included in the fee. so you have to pay for it in the bus. it would be so much easier to just pay everything when booking the tour.
2. you don't have a lot of time at the attractions itself and you need to hurry a little to see everything. I think it would be better if there were less stops on the way to the cliffs/kylemore Abby, so that you have more time at the main attractions. the thought of seeing as much as possible is good but in this case I think less is more.

those are just two little things that could be better. but all in all we had a great time and I would go with healys again!