“The Best lunch”

Ranked #34 of 489 Restaurants in Galway
Price range: US$6 - US$26
Cuisines: French, Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Galway city, Latin Quarter Wine Bar & Bistro offers good quality & affordable Irish food in casual & relax surroundings. Our chef Patrick carefully sources his ingredients to create classical bistro dishes with a modern Irish twist. Our wine list mostly consists of reasonably priced European wines and a few more upmarket houses.
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Went here for lunch and the service, food and atmosphere was excellent. Food seemed like a small portion due to excellent presentation but in reality it took quite a while to finish and had me fueled for the day. Would highly recommend!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

lovely food, great atmosphere, slightly pricey for the quality of food received. i would recommend perchance shopping around from the different restaurants to avoid being disappointed.

3  Thank Mary Anne H
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We visited Galway to celebrate a special birthday and ate at the Latin Quarter Wine Bar & Bistro. In every respect it was an excellent choice. The service was very professional yet friendly. It is a small intimate restaurant, very comfortable and cosy with a lovely atmosphere.
The food was exceptional. To start I had the chicken liver parfait and my husband had the king prawn dish. Both of us felt we had the best starter!! For main we both had steak - cooked to perfection. For desert we shared the lemon possett. It was delicious.
Definitely the best food we've had in Galway. I will definitely be back.
For the standard of food we felt it was very good value for money.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My wife and I have had some fantastic meals over the last 12 months and she rates the meal here as up there with the best of them. However my experience was different - mainly let down by the main course. She had the saute prawns, followed by Sole and completed with a wonderful desert - I sampled each of hers and agreed with her that they were excellent. I had the scallops risotto (very good) then the surf n turf finishing up with a wonderful vanilla ice cream with a shot of espresso. The surf n turf was quite disappointing with only the scallops and beetroot vinaigrette working for me - in particular the port belly was a major let down - I have had wonderful pork belly of late in other restaurants but this one disappointed by being just the silky fat tissue with none of the reddish pink meat (or crispy skin). Not quite good enough and expensive at €23.95
Maybe I am being harsh with my rating but a final aspect that despite booking the pre-theatre menu, there was no discount (if there was it wasn't brought to my attention).
My wife would return again but if I do, I will stick to the seafood

3  Thank Paul O
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Been here on my own and with a friend, and i have to say do believe the fact its so high up on trip advisor, it doesn't lie. Go relax and enjoy one of the best dining experiences in Galway at the moment, the service is brilliant, always on hand but not on top of you and i think its Rebecca is the manager... effortless. As fort he food ive eaten Prawns for a started beautiful and had John Dory one night and the next time i was there i had Pigeon, absolutely amazing, its bistro and its very tasty, i have to say at the moment its the best food in Galway, i don't usually do reviews but i had just mark this with a review. Definitely got to go there again and big RECOMMENDATION