“Race Week Delight”

Ranked #23 of 474 Restaurants in Galway
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: French, Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Galway city, Latin Quarter Wine Bar & Bistro offers good quality & affordable Irish food in casual & relax surroundings. Our chef Patrick carefully sources his ingredients to create classical bistro dishes with a modern Irish twist. Our wine list mostly consists of reasonably priced European wines and a few more upmarket houses.
Wicklow
“Race Week Delight”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My partner and I ate here on Friday night of Galway Race Week. The Latin Quarter Restaurant was very attractive from the outside, white painted walls and flower boxes with candelabras in the window - very romantic appearance. Without a reservation we were offered a window table upstairs with view out onto Shop Street. I must say that our meal was absolutely beautiful - the recommended white wine was perfect with our fish starters and main courses. You must try the Passion Fruit Cheesecake with Granola Topping - absolutely fabulous. I am so glad to have tried this beautiful restaurant. The food was excellent, the ambiance was relaxed and romantic and the staff were really friendly and helpful - I look forward to returning when next in Galway. Geraldine (Wicklow)

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Geraldine C

Freetown, Sierra Leone
“Excellent on two occasions.”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I've eaten here twice, both times with friends and both times the food and service have been faultless.

They have a small menu which I think is why every dish I've tried has been so good. I think the twice baked duck is the best duck dish I've ever had, it literally falls off the bone and melts in your mouth.

Nice spot for people watching. Good coffee and lovely waiting staff as well.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank emsmul
Cupertino, California
“Epicurean delight ”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Went here with family when we visited Galway this week from Ca, USA. Amazing food and wine ! Well worth making a reservation and enjoying the ambiance of this gem.

1 Thank Peter D
UK
“right place, right price”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The most expensive restaurant of the five we ate in during our trip to Galway, but the best food, good service and located right in the heart of the pedestrianised area, where the nightly promenade during race week is worth seeing.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank InningsUk
Castlebar, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect birthday lunch for my friend”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I took my friend to Latin Quarter for her birthday lunch. I'd been before and it didn't disappoint. We were warmly greeted and seated.My friend had perfectly cooked sea trout and I had chowder equal to Cape Cod. Our desserts were sinfully delicious we didn't worry about calories!.Once again a delightful experience. We'll be back

• Visited July 2014