“Amazing”

Amber Hill Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #58 of 189 Galway B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Great value. Good location (although a bit of a walk to town, only $10 taxi if you don't want to walk). Everything else was top notch and quite charming!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 10 April 2012

My wife and I booked our room here same-day based on reviews from this site, we were extremely happy we did. We were in Amber Heights (both Hill/Heights run by same ppl) straight next door. Patrick and Anthony were very welcoming and helpful, providing us with a power converter as we had accidentally left ours at prior hotel. En-suite rooms extremely clean with in room regfrigerator! Common area and dining rooms were very comfortable and a combination of buffet style - cheese/deli meats, and by-order - eggs/cooked meats. Patrick had great recommendation for us to go to Bunratty Castle. It's location is perfect for a trip into stunningly beautiful Connemara. It's also close to Eyre Shopping Center, a huge area including several streets with tons of great retail stores. Also, had to make several local calls while I was there, Anthony offered use of one of the cordless phones for me to take to my room to use so I wouldn't pay overseas rates with my cell phone. Would definitely recommend and will definitely return.

Room Tip: I think lower storied rooms get better wi-fi reception.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John S
Reviewed 5 April 2012

What a fantastic place to stay! Just home from a 2 night break and will defo be back again. Rooms are what you would expect in a 5 star hotel! Staff were very friendly.
Keep up the good work

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 14 March 2012

This is a nice and cosy BB. We had taken a self catering chalet with a kitchenette. The rooms were clean, not as great as expected. The breakfast was reasonable. However the location was a bit off from the centre. Without a car you can get quite handicapped. Overall a nice place

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rishichopra
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Nothing fancy as pictures show but for the rate they charge it was very reasonable. Room were clean and adequte so was the bathroom. Breakfast was good but no atmosphere. The area itself is nice and quite and short walk to the beach. There's a supermarket nearby.
Overall just O.K

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank harry c
Reviewed 15 January 2012

My friends and I stayed at the Amber Hill B&B and had nothing but great things to say about it. Staff was friendly and super helpful. Room was very clean and modern and was definitely very warm. The sitting room/common area was like someone's living room that you could hang out in. It's a bit of a walk to downtown Salthill and definitely a bus/coach ride or car ride over to Galway City Centre. Salthill is very sweet, quaint and quiet. So if you're the type to prefer a go go go surrounding, probably better to stay in Galway City but for some peace and quiet, definitely Salthill. The sheets were clean, the beds were very comfortable, and the bathroom was very clean. There was a coffee and tea tray in the room that was greatly appreciated and I think there was a fridge in our room. The breakfast: the free breakfast is toast and cereal and coffee. But if you can, splurge on the full Irish breakfast. IT IS DELICIOUS. I think Amber Hill has ruined breakfast for me. HUGE plate. Even if you do just get the breakfast bar, it's a LOT of food, a lot of variety and the people we met in the dining room were really nice too. Definitely will go again!

Also, highly recommend the Galway Tour Company. They stop right in front of Amber Hill.

Room Tip: Triple bed rooms are a better deal than single rooms or a single and double. We were traveling as a...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank ahtravelsandeats
Reviewed 18 December 2011

We stayed in Amberhill For 2 nights me my husband and 2 kids. I have to say it was a pleasure we arrived at a highly decorated B&B very warm & friendly... The owners were so kind in accommodating us & or kids. they could not have did enough for us. Breakfast was only 6 euro and my kids had all the cereal and fruit the could eat for free. I will definitely be staying here again and would highly recommend this B&B to anybody looking to stay in Galway..Thanks a million guys we will be back soon

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family