“Scrumptious food, quirky/chic setting, amazing staff and atmosphere”
Review of Ard Bia at Nimmo's

Ard Bia at Nimmo's
Ranked #9 of 488 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: One of Galway's most enduring restaurants, housed in one of the city's most iconic restaurant spaces, Ard Bia has always placed as much emphasis on community experiences and aesthetic stimulation as on serving great food in a fun environment. We believe in having roots in a place whilst having an identity that transcends location and takes inspiration from around the world.
Reviewed 29 July 2014

First things first, I can't wait to go back! I went there with two of my girlfriends and I honestly had one of the nicest meals I've ever had! We all had various fish dishes that were delicious. The staff were incredibly friendly and the atmosphere was almost electric. Everyone seemed to be buzzing. Great location if you're heading out for the nigh afterwards. Would highly recommend to couples and groups of friends alike!

There are newer reviews for Ard Bia at Nimmo's

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Met some pals on Saturday evening in Ard Bia. Getting the table the weekend before the Galway Races was like pulling hens teeth but luckily we managed to bag a table. How lucky were we ? This place is wonderful. It's busy. It's buzzy. It's like Euston Station at rush-hour but that's half the attraction. The world and his mother were in attendance outside & in and hearing the conversation at your own table took some doing....but we managed it ! Without going through the whole meal for six, my wife had Spiced Lamb, Feta & Pine-Nut Borek with Garlic Yoghurt followed by Marinated Spring Lamb, Freekeh, Harissa Yoghurt with Mint & Broad Bean Pesto. I chose the Mackerel Cerviche with gooseberries & ginger to start followed by their special of Rare Tuna. One diner on a Lamb journey with the other following a fishy path - we both really, really enjoyed every morsel even if we weren't too sure what freekeh was before we started. Never heard of it & probably will never get to taste it again......... A similar story with the Borek but hey that's the fun of trying different culinary experiences. This place is an eclectic mix of North African tastes. Try it: you'll love it !!!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Interesting little place under the Spanish Arch in Galway. Food was very interesting and delicious. Presentation was beautiful. Service excellent. Definitely a popular place, so reservations are a must. They managed to squeeze us in for a 6:00 reservation, so glad they did because we really enjoyed the meal.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Great little restaurant on the water. Funky building, excellent food and great service. Not to be missed if you are in Galway.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

The food is excellent, and I almost never buy desserts (because, seriously, I'm too much of a penny-pincher) but I got dessert multiple times and it was delicious. But there's something VERY important you need to know - you can buy their delicious brown bread. I bought a huge loaf and had it for several lunches and dinners. It's probably the best bread I've ever had in my life.

The staff are always hurrying, but very friendly. I liked the "vibe" of the place, being a little bit earthy-crunchy and nestled in near the dock. I liked sitting by the window and watching the swans go by as I drank tea.