“Good location, awkward experience”
Review of Kiltevna House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Galway
Kiltevna House
Ranked #39 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Realistically, I would say this is just below average.
When we arrived, it seemed as if we were unexpected even though we reserved the room weeks in advance and arrived within 30 minutes of the set arrival time. We were paying with a voucher and it seemed as if she had never seen one before. It made for a very awkward and uncomfortable start to our stay. The reservation website automatically reserved a triple room even though we tried for a double/twin. When we arrived, we were shown to a very small room with a double bed and about a 2 foot clearance around for space. The bathroom was what seemed to be a small closet with plumbing. The sink was at the foot of the bed. There were no accessible outlets. We had to open the tallest cupboard and unplug the tv and lamp to plug in our adapter. Later, we heard the next couple arrive and they were offered their choices of rooms. We liked the location; close to both Galway and Salthill, but we were glad to only spend one night.

Room Tip: Room 1 is tiny!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 June 2013

I had an excellent stay at this b&b and the hosts Bernadette and Sean were wonderful. They were full of knowledge about the area and only a five minute walk to the city Center. The breakfast was the best of our stay as we got a choice of hot meals. I would recommend this to any one.

Room Tip: Ask for room 4 if its available
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Kiltevna House is a perfect accommodation both for business and holiday. I stayed here with my parents and brother to attend a wedding of a colleague and really enjoyed a lot. Everything needed for a great stay was there. All the guys here are very hard-working, polite, friendly and they really value their guests. They paid a great attention to even the smallest details. We never requested for anything. Services are very prompt. I can't comment on food served here, as we didn't tried much. Rooms were good, spacious and very clean. I would love to recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2013

On my arrival to Kiltevna House I was greeted with a warm welcome from the host Bernadette. Our room was very comfortable and clean however a little small. Breakfast was excellent my husband and I had a choice of six dishes. Bernadette was extremely helpful with a great knowledge of the area. She arranged for us to be collected by a coach to bring us to both Cliffs of Moher and Connemara. Our room was very cosy and the hosts couldn't be more helpful. We really enjoyed our three night stay here and would recommend Kiltevna House to everyone.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 1 December 2012

My girlfriend and I had the unfortunate experience of staying in this B&B last April. The room we were allocated was no bigger than a shoe box and the "en suite" looked more like a cupboard. It amazes me how someone can try to pass this off as a Double Room. It was about half the size of a normal single room.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2012

The room had 3 beds and a crib and it was only for two adults and shower was so small that if I ate one more banger I would not fit through at all. We had to move the crib to find an outlet for phones etc and breakfast was average. We needed a room for two nights and were exhausted otherwise we would have gone somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2012

It was quite difficult to find the way to the house as there were no direct signs and traffic was complicated (one-way roads....). We came in the evening and were lucky to be accommodated because Bernadette goes to bed early. The room was quite small, could be renovated but we had nice time here. And the breakfast was also very good.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple