“relaxing weekend away staff excellent”

Clayton Hotel Galway
Ranked #11 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 13 April 2011

Stayed in Clayton Hotel the first weekend in April for my mother's 70th Birthday we had a great weekend very relaxing done all the spa things went shopping all day Saturday. We stayed in the hotel Bar both nights where music was provided. The food was excellent. We have to mention the excellent staff especially Joe, Stephanie, and Sinead. On route to the Hotel the cake got damaged. We asked Stephene in reception if she could help, no bother Sinead one of the chef's in the hotel repaired it she did such a good job that it looked better than the original cake.
Joe in the restaurant provided excellent service nothing was a bother to him even providing a lighter for the smokers in the party.
Thanks to all the staff for a great weekend we will be back.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Clayton-GM, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2011

Dear gerjoecork,

Thank you for posting such a glowing review of your recent stay. It was absolutely our pleasure to welcome you and your family to the Clayton and I'm glad we helped turn things round with the birthday cake. Your kind comments about the team are much appreciated and I hope we will be the venue of choice to help you celebrate other happy family occasions.

There are newer reviews for Clayton Hotel Galway

Reviewed 12 April 2011

Had an absolutely fantastic time in Galway. We were upgraded to the Executive Suite (thanks Rory), it was fantastic, water,fruit,robes,slippers,huge double shower,kingsize bed- with the most comfortable bed we have EVER slept in. Staff were lovely & friendly- Joe & stephanie to name in particular (and another lady in the restaurant who i cant think of her name), theres a bus right outside the hotel which goes right into the centre or wherever you want. Cant wait to return!! =)#]

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear fluffybunny124,

Thank you so much for posting such a positive review of your recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. I'm delighted you enjoyed and appreciated your room so much and your kind remarks about the employees you encountered will be received gratefully. Thank you for the recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Clayton Hotel sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 11 April 2011

We did a road trip of Ireland with a group of our adult children and this hotel was voted best beds by our group. It is a little away from the city center where all the tourist stuff is if that suits your needs. We stayed there because it was one of the places I could use my airline miles for. It is at the very end of one of the bus routes and so it is easy to get into the city with about a 25 minute ride. I think it was recently renovated so everything is new and quite chic. The rooms were nice sized, the showers were great and as I said, the beds were fantastic. It is on a corner right between two very busy streets but was very quite. We slept with the window open and did not notice much noise at all. The staff was attentive and knowledgeable. We had one snafu with trying to get a message to one of our party. (Why don't the hotel phones have messaging capabilities in Ireland?) I but the staff was very apologetic. The clientele appeared to be mostly business men. I would recommend this hotel if you don't mind being some distance from the city center and all the tourist shopping areas of Galway. Again, as elsewhere in Ireland, wireless internet in the lobby only. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: We were well satisfied with the rooms assigned.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank seela

Dear seela,

Thank you taking the time after your trip to post a comprehensive review of your stay in the Clayton. It's great to hear we were topping your poll of best beds. Each room is fitted with memory foam matresses and this really does make the difference and ensures a restful sleep. I really do appreciate your recommendation and if you travel back to Ireland again please remeber to take in Galway and the Clayton Hotel again.

Reviewed 11 April 2011

I thought I would let you all know that this was the best nights sleep I have ever had in a hotel. I say on average 3 nights a week in a hotel and have done for the past nine years. The staff were excellent and were always ready to help.

I will now make this the only hotel I stop in when I visit Galway.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Riggy678

Dear Riggy678,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay in the Clayton. I really do appreciate the fact that you choose to stay here and I look forward to welcoming you back on a much more regular basis in the future!

Reviewed 11 April 2011

Very helpful hotel staff, very nice restaurant and bar, great and very clean pool area and the room was just amazing, we got a bridal suite which we didn't ask for but was realy nice to get ! Thank you very much for this lovely and romantic time we had in you hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Whistiti,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I'm delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay so much and I'm glad the choice of room you were allocated made such a lasting impression. I hope it won't be too long before you travel to this part of the country again.

Reviewed 3 April 2011

stayed at the clayton for 3 days of our honeymoon. when we arrived we were told we were upgraded to executive floor. this was very nice of them...however if i had paid for the upgrade i would have been sorely dissapointed,the room was a standard size,no safe,no mini bar no robes or water.oh well! (room 401)

the staff were amazing especially Ian in the bar and kenneth on reception, food wasgreat too. thought it strange pool was only open in the morning and late evening.
also pool much smaller then looks in pics.

The staff and the food are the best thing about this hotel

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Clayton-GM, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2011

Dear DublinTrish,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay and please allow me to offer my congratulations on your recent nuptials. I really do appreciate your kind comments in regards to the staff you encountered and your positive remarks about the food in the bar.
Generally the feed back we get about our rooms is quite positive but I'll take you comments on board and re-look at our facilities. Once again thank you for your remarks.

Reviewed 2 April 2011

I booked the Clayton hotel for (2 nights 3rd free)on a Supervalu deal as a last minute break for myself and my partner and was delighted with our stay. On arrival we were upgraded to the executive 4th floor which was amazing! The room was a corner room with floor to ceiling windows and a huge wrap around balcony we stayed in winter so unfortunately with Irish weather did not get to use it much but was a lovely bonus nonetheless! We ate in the bar and the food was divine, it was really busy when we were there but we were looked after very efficiently. The bar is a really cosy place to sit and have a drink. The leisure facilities are great and as we stayed during the week we had the pool to ourselves, there was a friendly lifeguard who was really unobtrusive.
Only draw back I felt was the hotel is a little far out of the city so taxis are required at night, there is a bus stop right outside the hotel for day and we had the car so it was fine. There is an underground carpark here which is really secure.
Great hotel, Will definitely return!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear noteasilyimpressed96,

Thank you so much for posting a review of your stay last October. I really do appreciate your kind comments about the staff and the facilities especially as many months have passed since you visitied us, we obviously did make a good impression. I do hope you will be travelling to Galway again in the near future and you will consider us again as your favoured place to stay.