“Function in hotel”

Ranked #11 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Galway, Ireland
“Function in hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2011

It is a great hotel, lovely rooms and facilities, great food, nice staff (one small but nice touch is they refer to you as sir which just doesnt happen anymore) and just the feel of a good hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Clayton-GM, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Galway, responded to this review, 26 April 2011
Dear thenolan,

Thank you for taking the time to post a brief review of your stay in the Clayton Hotel. I greatly appreciate your feedback and your recommendation. It's great to hear you enjoyed your visit and I do hope you will return in the very near future.

Rory Fitzpatrick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
  • Hebrew first
county tyrone
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2011

My wife and I booked a weekend break following reviews from Trip Advisor.Whilst we found the hotel difficult to locate initially when we got to our room we were delighted with the fantastic layout and luxury of the room.We had a fantastic night of entertainment in the bar on the first night and a really good nights sleep.Unfortunately on the following morning at breakfast my wife dislocated a recently replaced hip.As you could imagine this was a vey traumatic incident.However this was helped greatly by the very professional and caring manner with which George(duty manager) and the rest of the staff assited us and the ambulance staff.The hotel got a room for my daughters who came down even though it was a busy weekend and did everything they could until my wife got out of hospital.Thankfully a very bad situation was made much easier by a thoughtful and responsive group of people and I am very much in appreciation of their efforts.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Clayton-GM, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Galway, responded to this review, 20 April 2011
Dear tyronetraveller024,

Thank you so much for posting a review after what must have been a traumatic time for you. You are very kind to think of us when you have so much on your plate and I really do appreciate the sentiment. I do hope your wife has made a full recovery from her accident.
I know that George and the rest of the team are grateful for the recognition and I do hope it won't be too long before you can all visit us in Galway again.

cork county
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2011

Stayed in Clayton Hotel the first weekend in April for my mother's 70th Birthday we had a great weekend very relaxing done all the spa things went shopping all day Saturday. We stayed in the hotel Bar both nights where music was provided. The food was excellent. We have to mention the excellent staff especially Joe, Stephanie, and Sinead. On route to the Hotel the cake got damaged. We asked Stephene in reception if she could help, no bother Sinead one of the chef's in the hotel repaired it she did such a good job that it looked better than the original cake.
Joe in the restaurant provided excellent service nothing was a bother to him even providing a lighter for the smokers in the party.
Thanks to all the staff for a great weekend we will be back.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Clayton-GM, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Galway, responded to this review, 14 April 2011
Dear gerjoecork,

Thank you for posting such a glowing review of your recent stay. It was absolutely our pleasure to welcome you and your family to the Clayton and I'm glad we helped turn things round with the birthday cake. Your kind comments about the team are much appreciated and I hope we will be the venue of choice to help you celebrate other happy family occasions.

wexford,ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2011

Had an absolutely fantastic time in Galway. We were upgraded to the Executive Suite (thanks Rory), it was fantastic, water,fruit,robes,slippers,huge double shower,kingsize bed- with the most comfortable bed we have EVER slept in. Staff were lovely & friendly- Joe & stephanie to name in particular (and another lady in the restaurant who i cant think of her name), theres a bus right outside the hotel which goes right into the centre or wherever you want. Cant wait to return!! =)#]

Dear fluffybunny124,

Thank you so much for posting such a positive review of your recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. I'm delighted you enjoyed and appreciated your room so much and your kind remarks about the employees you encountered will be received gratefully. Thank you for the recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Clayton Hotel sometime in the near future.

Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2011

We did a road trip of Ireland with a group of our adult children and this hotel was voted best beds by our group. It is a little away from the city center where all the tourist stuff is if that suits your needs. We stayed there because it was one of the places I could use my airline miles for. It is at the very end of one of the bus routes and so it is easy to get into the city with about a 25 minute ride. I think it was recently renovated so everything is new and quite chic. The rooms were nice sized, the showers were great and as I said, the beds were fantastic. It is on a corner right between two very busy streets but was very quite. We slept with the window open and did not notice much noise at all. The staff was attentive and knowledgeable. We had one snafu with trying to get a message to one of our party. (Why don't the hotel phones have messaging capabilities in Ireland?) I but the staff was very apologetic. The clientele appeared to be mostly business men. I would recommend this hotel if you don't mind being some distance from the city center and all the tourist shopping areas of Galway. Again, as elsewhere in Ireland, wireless internet in the lobby only. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: We were well satisfied with the rooms assigned.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank seela
Dear seela,

Thank you taking the time after your trip to post a comprehensive review of your stay in the Clayton. It's great to hear we were topping your poll of best beds. Each room is fitted with memory foam matresses and this really does make the difference and ensures a restful sleep. I really do appreciate your recommendation and if you travel back to Ireland again please remeber to take in Galway and the Clayton Hotel again.

Windermere, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2011

I thought I would let you all know that this was the best nights sleep I have ever had in a hotel. I say on average 3 nights a week in a hotel and have done for the past nine years. The staff were excellent and were always ready to help.

I will now make this the only hotel I stop in when I visit Galway.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Riggy678
Dear Riggy678,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay in the Clayton. I really do appreciate the fact that you choose to stay here and I look forward to welcoming you back on a much more regular basis in the future!

Rennes, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2011

Very helpful hotel staff, very nice restaurant and bar, great and very clean pool area and the room was just amazing, we got a bridal suite which we didn't ask for but was realy nice to get ! Thank you very much for this lovely and romantic time we had in you hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Whistiti,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I'm delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay so much and I'm glad the choice of room you were allocated made such a lasting impression. I hope it won't be too long before you travel to this part of the country again.