“A Thousand Welcomes”

Ranked #11 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Barrow in Furness, England, United Kingdom
“A Thousand Welcomes”
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We stayed here with some friends, there were three wheelchair users in our party incluiding me. The hotel couldn't have been more accessible.

The staff were the friendliest I have ever met, helpful without being patronising, adding to the overall welcoming feel of the place.

A simply great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Galway, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
Dear Tom H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a brief review of your recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. I'm really glad you enjoyed your time with us and I do hope it won't be too long before you are back to stay with us again.

Rory Fitzpatrick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Hebrew first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 24 June 2012

My partner and I stayed for 3 nights and 4 days and it was the best stay. The staff were the nicest people i've ever met. The room was cleaned everyday and it was gorgeous big king size bed. We were even welcomed by the plasma it said welcome and my name. so the little details to the big ones were all so lovely and amazing. The swimming pool was beautiful there was a girl (staff) to welcome us in the pool and the steam room it was very welcoming and clean. The food was amasing and even better price and taste then in the city. Thank you so much for the amazing stay and of corse we will be back.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Galway, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Dear emma h,

Thank you so much for the positively glowing review of your recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. I'm really glad you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

Just back from my weekend away in Galway!stayed in the Clayton Friday and Saturday night! Had booked two double rooms! On arrival it was quite busy, staff were lovely and very friendly! Our rooms were fab, very clean and spacious! The beds were very comfy! All worked in the room, tv, kettle, iron etc! The flusher of the toilet was a little dodgy (room 334) we had bar food the first night and it was fab, the 7oz chicken burger and carbonara were yummy! The bar staff were friendly and the manager floating was busy making sure everything was up to standards, which was great to see! Breakfast was absolutely delicious both mornings with such a wide variety to choose from! Help yourself to as much as u like, couldn't ask for more!we had lunch Saturday and bar food that evening and again was lovely! The band on Saturday night was very good and the atmosphere was very relaxing! Its a little out of town but we didn't mind, it was near enough to get a taxi or hop on the bus right across the road! Also there's a dunnes right across the road, I nipped over a few times to treat myself and to have a browse! Overall this hotel was perfect and I would 100pc recommend it to anyone! I'm looking forward to going back and will defo be back very soon! Thanks all at the Clayton, Galway, Valerie :)

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Valarie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. It's great to learn that enjoyed your stay so much and I really do appreciate all your kind comments in regards to the staff you encountered. I do hope it won't be too long before you are back with us again and your recommendation is valuable to me.

Clonmel, Ireland
Reviewed 22 June 2012

stayed 2 nights my self and a friend on girlie wk end, the friendliest of welcomes i've received, i think, in any hotel, staff are lovely, the room was fabulous 2 big double beds and so comfy, and had a fabulous breakfast on both mornings, it is a bit out of town but taxi wasnt to expensive at €12 one way, only one little minor downfall is pool was small and no jacuzzi but we survived :-)

1 Thank lindamp76
Dear lindamp76,

Thank you so much for posting a review of your recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. I really appreciate your kind words about the staff and the welcome you received. This is what we aim to deliver to all our guests and I'm delighted to see that this time was no exception. I do hope that it won't be too long before you venture back out West again.

Letterkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Stayed here with our 11mth old, 3 yrs and 6 yrs children.
The bedroom had ample room to fit us all. The decor was modern and room spotlessly clean.
The only small down side was we were overlooking a major road and the noise could be heard clearly through the toughened glass.
We used the pool on arrival which while small was warm and welcoming.
This hotel is ultra modern and stands out effortlessly against any hotel in Galway.
Look forward to staying here again

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank eugenedoc1
Dear eugenedoc1,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. I'm delighted that you and your family enjoyed your visit and I really do appreciate your decision to stay with us. I do hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Clayton before too long.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

I stayed at The Clayton at the weekend in a group and we all had a brilliant time. The rooms were large, beds very comfortable and the breakfast was top notch.

We dined in the hotel restaurant on Saturday night, I would recommend the crab meat and coconut milk rissoto to start which was delicious. Followed by gorgeous lamb chops and a beautiful orange cheesecake. If you go into the bar get Ian to whip you up a cocktail or two (or ten), he sure knows his stuff and always has a friendly smile. He couldn't do enough for us.

I would also highly recommend going on one of the scenic flights over the Aran Islands, lovely views :)

Massive thanks to Rory, Mairead, Darragh, Patsy the driver and Ian for making our stay special.

I would 100% stay again.

Sarah x

1 Thank Sarahvb1986
, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Galway, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Dear SarahBriggs86,

Thank you so much for such a positive review of your recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. I'm delighted you enjoyed so many aspects of your trip and I really do appreciate the fact that you choose to stay with us. Hopefully it won't be too long before you get the opportunity to try us again.

Cheshire
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I booked via a central reservations hotline, which beat the "best available rate" online - how does that work? Upon arrival, the hotel had me down for a 3 night stay - not 4, and in a standard room, not Executive. Luckily these little details were overcome with ease and I arrived to a very nice room. It was spacious, modern, clean and comfortable.

It had a great TV with mirror, that swivelled through 360 degrees between two halves of the room. Good Aircon! NO WIFI!!!! OK they had good wired internet, and WiFi in the bar / reception, but please WiFi is essential!!

My room had a balcony, but there was no division of the balcony between my room and the one beside - so guests could wander freely past your window - which although did not happen during my stay - could easlily, and could be quite disconcerting!

The guys in the bar were good, although the bar menu & wine list were quite limited. Breakfast was a bunfight - another hotel that sells mulitple rooms for tourists. I don't really have an issue with that, we all have to earn a living, but consideration should be given at breakfast - when the entire party turn up at the same time to clog up the self-service breakfast room!

Lovely bed, bedding, bath, bathroom, workspace, internet, complimentary water, free parking - so lots to shout about. Just get the WIFI sorted before I come back please!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Dodgergammon
Dear Dodgergammon,

Thank you for the comprehensive review of your recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. I greatly appreciate all the feed back we get especially when it is targeted like this. You have raised a number of valid points and certainly I'll discuss these issues with the management team here and work towards resolving as many of these as we can. I'm not sure if rolling out WiFi through all the guest rooms is something that will happen in the near future, there are select rooms that can pick up WiFi but for the most part it's confined to the conference floor and public areas. It is something we would like to address and to that end I am currently working with a number of providers on exactly that. Once again, thank you for raising the issue.