“Nice modern hotel, a bit far out”

Clayton Hotel Galway
Ranked #12 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Stayed for 2 nights and enjoyed the hotel, once I managed to find it. MAKE SURE you know it is far east of Galway proper, as the address listed here did not appear on my nav, and nobody I asked for directions seemed to have a clue where it was. That said the hotel itself is very nice and well appointed, the bar/restaurant was very nice and convivial, and the staff was helpful. I pretty much took taxis back & forth to Galway after getting here. I think the location might be more suited to travelers passing through, there's plenty of parking and seemed like lots of airline staff and tour groups coming and going. Wonderful buffet breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jason E
Write a ReviewReviews (2,031)

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and we loved it. It was spacious and clean with a nice bathroom. We went for a drink at the bar and had a really friendly bartender and the breakfast was yummy! We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to other people.

1  Thank Jennifer H
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed for a weekend and could'nt fault the the hotel from start to finish they really have everything right!

On Check-In staff were friendly & helpful, room was modern and bathroom had lots of space.

We had food in the bar, food was great and they had lots of specials on the evening so lots to choose from. One of the managers Mr. Conmee couldnt of been more helpful on the evening and answered all our queries on suggestions on places to visit in the City!

Will be back again in the new year!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shauna G
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed two nights at the Clayton. Rooms were nice. This hotel is out the outside to Galway and you have to drive to see sights and it is about a 20 minute drive to City Centre. Breakfast was good...kind of grumpy staff. We had internet problems (our fault) and the man that came up was really nice and informed of us where to go. Bed was comfortable and room and bathroom were clean.

1  Thank bmcclain04
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is our second time to stay in the hotel and we have been very happy with all aspects of the hotel on both occasions. Our recent stay was during the October midterm, we had booked for two nights however we ended up staying an extra night. The staff were extremely friendly to our 14 month old baby even when she was crawling around the floor. The food in the bar and for breakfast was excellent. Our room on the second floor had two double beds and was very spacious and comfortable. We didn't have time to use the leisure facilities on this visit but I am sure we shall be returning to Galway and the clayton soon.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Kavanamm
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The rooms were nice , clean and the beds were really comfortable , all the usual extras tea coffee ironing board etc. The breakfast was good hearty cooked food, although we had to Que both mornings to get a table, but this might have been the time we arrived down, dam those comfy beds. The location wasn't the best however, it was right on a main road we had to close the windows because of the noise. It cost about €12 in a taxi to the town. A good night could have been had in the hotel bar with traditional music , we had a few before heading out it got quite busy tho quite hard to find a seat. We had headed down to the Bulmers comedy festival and visited the cliffs of moher about an hour away. My boyfriend and I had a fantastic stay down in Galway and the staff were all very friendly and professional. I would recommend this hotel if you plan to be busy like we were. If your looking for somewhere with green fields etc this isn't for you.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I would like to sincerely thank the clayton hotel and staff for making this occasion such a big success for me ,
The staff were extremely helpfull and understanding in helping me with any requests i made to them in regards to setting up the room to surprise my fiancee to be .

I would like to thank everyone that was involved from the bottom of my heart for making this such a joyous and memorable experience .

I will definitely will be spending many more weekends in this lovely location .

yours sincerely

Ian Recks

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Clayton-GM, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Ianreckd,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a wonderful review of your brief stay in the Clayton Hotel and please allow me to offer my congratulations on your engagement. It was absolutely our pleasure to help in any way we could to make this special for you. I really do wish you every happiness for the future and of course what better way to ensure your married life together will get off to the best start possible than by celebrating your special day in the Clayton Hotel? We'd love to talk to you about this and how we could make your day magical. Please let me know if and when you are staying again and I would be delighted to meet with you.

Best regards