“Beautiful hotel”

Ranked #11 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Barna, Ireland
“Beautiful hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

The Clayton Hotel Galway is an Amazing structure and looks even more fabulous inside. The Staff are wonderful and made us feel right at home.

It is located just outside of Galway city in a great location.

We loved the fact that in the Main bar they had Big screens so himself could enjoy the footie while we had a few quiet drinks, before heading upstairs to one of the fantastic function rooms to enjoy a charity show. We had a great night and at the end of it we retired to a lovely toastie bedroom and may I add a Very comfortable bed.

Thanks again

Regina

1 Thank Gina731984

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Hebrew first
County Mayo, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

As a family of five we booked two rooms here and I am sorry to say I will not be staying here again. Apart from the fabulous and courteous reception staff, the rest of the staff leave a lot to be desired. I know it was a busy Saturday night and the foyer was full of people waiting to be accommodated at a function upstairs, but the service at the bar was dreadful. We were refused service three times, totally ignored. But the best had to be dinner. We booked for 8.00pm and were seated at 7.30pm in anticipation and by 9.00pm after much negotiating we finally got served, eventually after all the too and froing with the Restaurant manager we got served our dinner at 9.40pm,People were in long after us and they were served straight away. Answer to this from staff was that we were not having a starter. Unbelievable. In all fairness the restaurant manager apologised and offered us a courtesy drink. Noise level all night was intolerable by girls singing up and down the corridors, so if you want a hotel where you want total relaxation and most importantly sleep, I wouldn't advise staying here. Pros: The rooms are lovely and comfortable and clean.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank beckymayo
Clayton-GM, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Galway, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear carmelbCoMayo,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. I greatly appreciate it when I get any feedback from our guests as I believe it can often help us become better at what we do. I'm sorry your last stay wasn't as enjoyable as you had expected or as good as the previous times you stayed with us. I have brought your comments to the attention of the team in the bar and I know they will work hard to ensure we don't let ourselves down in this manner again. From your previous stays I'm sure you know this is not typical of the experiences our guests usually enjoy and I do hope you'll be able to see past this as the one-off incident it is and give the Clayton another chance the next time you are travelling to Galway.

Best regards

Rory Fitzpatrick
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

Spent 2 nights in an executive room, Stayed early January last year and the same this year, Faultless service and exceptionally clean and spacious room. 4th (Executive)Floor exceptionally quiet - no kids running around. Ideal get away within reach of the city. We'll be back no doubt whatsoever

Room Tip: 4th floor is Accessible only with room Key - Executive floor no kids exceptionally quiet at night
1 Thank Nick O
Naas, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

I spent two nights at the Clayton with my husband.
We have absolutely no complaints on the hotel's facilities - it's modern, clean and has the most comfortable beds we've ever slept in.
It's located a bit outside town, but it has ample parking and a taxi into the city centre is only about 10-12 euro.
The leisure centre is good too, with a 20mt pool, steam room, sauna and a small room with exercise machines.
What really disapponted us was the service and the quality of the food in the bar/restaurant as well as breakfast.
All the f&b staff gave us the impression they didn't want to be there and treated us quite rudely. The hot breakfast wasn't great, I could just about eat the beans, the rest didn't taste good. The second day I had bread and croissants which were ok but far from delicious.
We were on a two night + 1 dinner package so we had dinner at the hotel on sunday night. There weren't many people around but it still took ages to get acknowledged and when we finally got our food it was quite bad. I understand that we were on a package but still, you'd expect something better. On top of it, the waiter that served us was possibly the rudest I've ever encountered.
Overall, I would go back just to sleep in those amazing beds, but I would not go near the bar!

3 Thank Marla7
Clayton-GM, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Galway, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear Marla7,

Thank you for taking the time to post a comprehensive review of your recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. I do appreciate all the feed back I get from our guests as I believe we can use this input to improve what we do. I'm sorry your stay wasn't as good as you had expected. You have brought up some valid points which I have discussed with my management team and we will be working to address these concerns on a continual basis. If you would like to discuss any of these issues with me personally I would welcome that opportunity. I can be contacted directly via email at rory.fitzpatrick@clayton.ie.

Kind regards

Rory Fitzpatrick
Longford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

This Hotel is a real gem. Had every thing I love about a hotel. Food in the bar was great and the service was fantastic. Lots of car parking spaces and a good bus service from the road. Also the hotel will give you a €10 voucher towards a Galway taxi. The bus fare is only €1.80. The room was very clean and warm. The bed quality is 100%. I just love the Clayton hotel

Room Tip: Bed is very comfortable
2 Thank ann19602014
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,223 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

Myself and a few friends book the 2 night New Years package in this hotel. It's a lovely modern hotel with a nice swimming pool and decent rooms. Staff were friendly and helpful especially the restaurant staff. Breakfast was very good with plenty to choose from. The included dinner was excellent and the service was fantastic. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay and I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

A large group of us stayed here in early January. The hotel is lovely, modern, spotlessly clean. We only stayed one night so can't comment on the leisure facilities. Food in the bar was very good, as was breakfast. Every single member of staff we met was fantastic, so friendly and helpful.
Location is a bit out from city centre but only a short taxi away.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends