Clayton Hotel Galway
The Western Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$269
US$184
US$177
Hotels.com
US$243
US$213
  • Restaurant
Maldron Hotel Sandy Road Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$164
Hotels.com
US$306
US$200
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
Menlo Park Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$233
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
2,060 results
All reviewstribes restaurantdunnes storescity centrenice hotelbar foodbus serviceexecutive roomleisure facilitiestop classbusy roadhotel barbus stopkids clubfamily roomenjoyable staywould highly recommend this hotelhen party
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed here for two nights at Christmas. It is a a gorgeous hotel, just off the M6, close to the N17 and only a few mins drive from Galway city centre. The rooms are lovely, very spacious and have free wifi. We had dinner in both the bar and restaurant, both of which were lovely, as was breakfast each morning. I would stay again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank cailinshligigh
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stayed in the Clayton for a bridal dress shopping trip. There were 5 of us staying. I would know Galway well and have had a few drinks here before but never stayed. The reception staff were brilliant, very friendly and helpful. As were the evening staff at the bar/restaurant where we had dinner and drinks for the night. This is a really lovely hotel with good service. The room really clean (esp bathroom - spotless!). It was boiling like most hotels so we woke in the middle of the night trying to switch on air con but Galway is a cold place so I can't really complain about that - great to have the heating on! Also my mother tripped and fell over the laundry bags that are left outside the rooms when staff are cleaning. Maybe don't leave the bags just around a corner? The next day it was the same - bags of laundry and bins just around the corridor corner - very dangerous. They could be asked to maybe move them down the corridor a bit and that would solve it. The breakfast was brilliant and was included so excellent value for money. Staff again were very nice. This hotel is just splendid - we will be back for sure.

Room Tip: We stayed in 302 and 309 - both really nice!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Maeve R
Clayton-GM, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Maeve R,

Thank you so much for your comments after your recent stay. I'm glad to learn you enjoyed your time with us so much, I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel at some point in the not so distant future.
You've raised a valid point about the laundry bags, I brought the issue up with the Accommodation Manager and I know she will work on a way to avoid unintentionally causing any trips or falls. Thank you for pointing that out.

Best regards

Rory Fitzpatrick

Reviewed 24 February 2014

This a very beautiful hotel even if its not too far from the city centre. They have a kids activity group every evening and time set aside for the children in the pool. The building is clean and modern and every evening has time set aside for only adult in the pool. The breakfast has a wide variety of cold and warm foods in a large dining area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cathymarcil
Reviewed 22 February 2014

our trip to Ireland was actually in august 2006. we stayed at the clayton hotel for a night. it was a very modern, clean hotel that was close by to everything. we were on a coach tour so there were approx. 50 people. this hotel was quick in getting everyone settled in and most accommodating and friendly.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone, and hopefully we will get back to Ireland one day.

Room Tip: this was an exclusive hotel to stay in due to the cleanliness and location.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My husband and I spend one night last weekend at this hotel and were really impressed with the service, our room and the food.
We had dinner in the bar and it was great, breakfast next morning not to be missed,

I highly recommend this hotel in Galway..

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple