“Top marks for comfort!!”

Clayton Hotel Galway
Ranked #11 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my friend for one night in the executive suite. The room was spotless. The facilities in the room were very good. There wasn't a hair dryer in the room.
The bed was extremely comfortable. The shower and the bath on the eve of the arrival were lovely but the following morning there seemed to be no hot water after a few minutes of using both.
A lovely,peaceful,relaxing stay. Would recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank 76lucyd
Clayton-GM, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear 76lucyd,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I'm glad you liked the room, our beds get a lot of praise and i think the ones in the Executive Rooms are that little bit extra special. Thanks also for pointing out a couple of areas we can improve. I do hope that you will return sometime in the very near future.

Rory Fitzpatrick

Write a ReviewReviews (2,010)

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Just back from 2nights..family room had two double beds very spacious.check in quick not overly friendly.pool very basic no kids section but 1.2 metres in depth all over.changing are small.had dinner second night lovely food (but limited kids menu and not willing to veer off menu)as was the buffet breakfast.got BLT sandwiches in bar ok bacon very fatty so removed same but staff very friendly and helpful.had balcony off room which was lovely.arrived at half two in afternoon and breakfast dishes still on floor in corridor from room service.folder explaining services of hotel had butter wrapping stuck to pages which suggests that thorough cleaning of rooms not done.grand stay will go elsewhere next time

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Aileen S,

Thanks indeed for taking the time to post a review of your family stay in the Clayton Hotel. I appreciate your positive comments and kind words in regards to the staff. You raised some interesting points that my management team will be working hard to ensure we address. I would encourage you to stay again should you travel to Galway another time and I'm sure you will notice some significant improvements.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

What a pitty that such a beautiifull contemporary hotel has so many cons.: Rooms need more mantinence, cleaning and management of the hotel team needs a revolution, ASAP !.
CONS. : They gave us a room facing a six lane road wich had one of the double-galze window glass broken so the noise was very annoying, they changed us to a quiet (and with no broken window glass) room, thanks for that but trying to sell a faulty room is not a good practice. Hospitality is about details and poor cleaning and maintinance of the rooms is not a good thing (see photographs examples). Smiles are hard to be seen among the hotel team. We dinned at the hotel informal restaurant and it take more than an hour to get our main dish after finishing the starter and we never got the desserts: service was a disaster. Could continue with cons ...
PROS. : Plenty of space and natural light in the room and amazing confi beds. Nice pub-informal lunch-dinner restaurant at the ground floor. Good food and plenty of options at the breakfast buffet. Free parking and swiming pool.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Eduard V ,

Thank you for taking the time to post a comprehensive review of your recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. I do appreciate all the feed back I get from our guests as I believe we can use this input to improve what we do. I'm sorry your stay wasn't as good as you had expected. You have brought up some valid points which I have discussed with my management team and we will be working to address these concerns on a continued basis. If you would like to discuss any of these issues with me personally I would welcome that opportunity. I can be contacted directly via email at rory.fitzpatrick@clayton.ie.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Modern and beautiful design. Clean and not worn.Efficient and Friendly staff .good food., plenty of choice.Excellent stay. Highly recommend and would stay again. However pool is 1.2m without a kiddie section .

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank fatmoma
Clayton-GM, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear fatmoma,

Thank you so much for posting a brief review of your time in the Clayton Hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and I appreciate your recommendation. I do hope it won't be too long before you are back to visit again.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Clayton is a modern hotel close to the centre of Galway and has all the facilities we now expect with a modern hotel. I enjoyed my brief stay and found the rooms to comfortable. I dined in the restaurant and the food was excellent. The staff were very helpful and did everything to make my stay a pleasant experience. I would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear SouthsideEddie,

Thank you for writing such a glowing review of your stay. I'm delighted you had a great time and I look forward to seeing you again back here in the Clayton in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Stayed here with my fiancée last week. From the minute we arrived to the minute we left, we could not fault this hotel at all. Unlimited use of the leisure centre too went down a treat, the water was nice and warm. Very helpful staff in the bar, made recommendations for us as my fiancée was drinking non alcoholic beer. The rooms were nice and spacious and the shower was nice and powerful and spotless also. The bed was very comfortable. Would definitely return here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear chris657,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. Your kind words and comments about the staff and facilities are gratefully received. I hope I get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Clayton Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Lovely hotel, Room was really nice and bright, bed was really comfortable. Restaurant is nice. Plenty of room. Food was very good
there was a hen night also. They all got to sit together, Which was great for them. Good variety for breakfast, scones were lovely. Plenty of parking, which is great. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014