Clayton Hotel Galway
US$258
  • Restaurant
The Connacht Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$158
Hotels.com
US$218
US$212
  • Restaurant
Maldron Hotel Sandy Road Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$183
US$176
Menlo Park Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$177
US$294
US$260
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
Flannery's Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$136
Maldron Hotel Galway(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$128
Orbitz.com
Travelodge Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$135
2,077 results
All reviewstribes restaurantdunnes storescity centrenice hotelbar foodbus serviceexecutive roomleisure facilitiestop classbusy roadhotel barbus stopkids clubfamily roomenjoyable staywould highly recommend this hotelhen party
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel for two nights and had a very pleasant stay. It was in a very good location as I was traveling all around Ireland, so it had easy main road access. The room was well appointed, had free wifi, climate control, a very luxurious bathroom, and very good underground parking. I had breakfast in the restaurant twice and the food/service was exceptional. I had a couple of small issues with reservations and with a defective room key at one point, but the hotel quickly took care of everything. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Werewolf82
Clayton-GM, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Werewolf82,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. It's great you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and I really do appreciate your recommendation.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We went as a family for an overnight stay, directions from their site were clear and easy to follow. The receptionist was lovely, friendly and chatty. The room was very spacious the only downfall for us as a family was the pool as we have a child the area was not very large for him to enjoy. Food lovely and the bar staff very helpful and friendly. Breakfast lovely. Staff fantastic overall. Look forward to staying again in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear katemcnamara,

Thank you so much for posting a review of your recent stay. I'm really glad you enjoyed yourselves and I hope it's not too long before you are posting a review of your second stay in the Clayton!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed in this hotel in a single room last month for a conference. It is 10-15 mins from Galway train station. The hotel is lovely, staff are excellent, friendly and very helpful. The food is excellent and the atmosphere is great. My only disappointment was with the bedding. The duvet cover was ripped at the seam. I was surprised as I stayed here last year at another conference in a delux room which was fantastic with excellent sheets on the bed. This small issue does not stop me from recommending this hotel to other travellers as your stay there will be most enjoyable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Clayton-GM, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Lorraine S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your most recent stay at the Clayton Hotel. I really do appreciate your repeat business and I hope there will be many more occasions and events in the future that will bring you back to the Clayton. I have shared your comments with the entire team here at the hotel and in particular with the Housekeeping department I know they will work hard to ensure that we don't let ourselves down like that again.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Just had my sisters hen party at the Clayton. Most hotels would turn their noses down at a hen party, the Clayton didn't. Also they were so efficient at check in and breakfast considering they had loads of hens/stags and 2 weddings this weekend! Thanks especially to Emer for all the help organising.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear claire F,

Thank you so much for posting a review of your recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. I'm delighted you enjoyed your time with us, and we're very grateful for your business and your kind comments about Emer in particular. I do hope it won't be too long before you are back with us again.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

The positives - Overall, this was a very decent, modern and comfortable hotel to stay in. The room we stayed in had two double beds which were comfortable and the room was veryclean and pretty spacious. We loved how modern (and clean) the bathroom was. Breakfast was included in our package and was very good.

The negative to my review: We stayed here for two nights arriving on a Saturday night with a wedding party in full swing. The wedding party and the lack of control the staff had over drunk party goers is what is preventing me from giving this a better review. After checking in, we encountered obnoxious, drunk guests who were acting absolutely disgusting. The hotel SHOULD know better by now being that they are known for hosting wedding receptions. Hire a security guard or two when you host these parties as it is not acceptable for hotel guests to have to encounter this behavior when they are guests in your hotel. The hotel is lovely and it's a shame that this hasn't been kept under control.

Despite this negative aspect to our visit, I will still give the hotel a four star rating as the hotel itself was a very nice place to stay at.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Freebird29,

Thank you for taking the time to post your balanced review on Tripadvisor in light of your recent stay. I'm delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay and I greatly appreciate your recommendation. In regards to the wedding, a good number of those attending were actually staying and therefore they really did have a right to be in the hotel themselves. We do take our obligations to the Health and Safety of all our guests seriously and at no time was there any question of events taking a nasty turn. I can't really comment on the behaviour you witnessed but we'll be mindful in as much as we can for future events so as to prevent a similar scenario.