“Great day out and Lovely meal had by all”

Clayton Hotel Galway
Ranked #12 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Brought my son and friends and family for a meal after a Confirmation ,Staff were friendly and helpful , Food lovely , service was excellent , Décor fabulous . Great day was had by all , Many thanks and we will be back :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Clayton-GM, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear 1972iris,

Thank you for taking the time to put up a review of the great time you had in the Clayton recently. I really do appreciate your decision to celebrate such an occasion with us, I'm glad we could be part of it and I look forward to seeing you in the Clayton again in the near future.

Rory Fitzpatrick

Write a ReviewReviews (2,021)

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed here over the Easter Holidays, the staff, hotel & food were 10/10 best hotel I have stayed with in a long time. Spotless clean, very friendly helpful staff. It was excellent value for money,

Dear mcpmarie,

Thank you so much for posting a review of your stay in the Clayton Hotel over Easter. You're very generous in your praise and I really do appreciate your recommendation. Hopefully we'll see you back here before too long.

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Just amazing. Still as good as it was 2 years ago. I can.t. Recommend it highly enough. Dom.t. Go anywhere else if you.re planning on staying in Galway. Room. Was spacious and modern. Room. Service was promot and accurate. Leisure centre clean and so refreshing. Everything is perfect there. We look forward to going for our anniversary again next year

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Laura O,

Thank you so much for coming back to visit again and for posting another glowing review of your stay. We're all delighted you choose to come back to us again and I hope this becomes something of a tradition. To that end feel free to send me a note this time next year and I'll ensure your stay will be the most memorable yet. I can be reached at rory.fitzpatrick@clayton.ie.

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights with my friend this weekend. The hotel is stunning. The beds couldn't have been any comfier. Rooms were huge. We had booked a twin and we each had a double bed. The staff were so friendly and helpful. We had a lovely lunch in the bistro. We also used the gym facilities and despite being small it was all we needed. It was well located for what we required and there is a bus serving the city centre on the doorstep. There are also taxis outside the hotel most of the time. Will definitely be back. One of the nicest hotels I've stayed in.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear spindle25,

Thank you so much for posting a review of your very recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. I'm delighted you enjoyed so many aspects of your time spent with us, we're particularly proud of our comfy beds and welcoming staff and it's great to learn that you appreciated these too. I do hope it won't be too long before you are back to stay again.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

This hotel reminds me of the Holiday Inns of the USA. I picked it primarily because parking was free (paying for this is a pet peeve). Room was clean, shower was fantastic. Excellent indoor swimming pool. Breakfast was overpriced--I went across the street to the restaurant at the Dunnes shopping area. It's a good ten to fifteen minute drive from Galway center and that does make for an inconvenience. But judging by the costs of hotels in city center, this one is a good deal.

Room Tip: AVOID rooms that face the motorway!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear onebigepicurean,

Thank you for posting a review of your stay in the Clayton Hotel. I'm glad we got the basics right and I appreciate the fact that you choose us above the many other hotels in Galway.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel for two nights and had a very pleasant stay. It was in a very good location as I was traveling all around Ireland, so it had easy main road access. The room was well appointed, had free wifi, climate control, a very luxurious bathroom, and very good underground parking. I had breakfast in the restaurant twice and the food/service was exceptional. I had a couple of small issues with reservations and with a defective room key at one point, but the hotel quickly took care of everything. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Werewolf82
Clayton-GM, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Werewolf82,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. It's great you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and I really do appreciate your recommendation.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We went as a family for an overnight stay, directions from their site were clear and easy to follow. The receptionist was lovely, friendly and chatty. The room was very spacious the only downfall for us as a family was the pool as we have a child the area was not very large for him to enjoy. Food lovely and the bar staff very helpful and friendly. Breakfast lovely. Staff fantastic overall. Look forward to staying again in the future.

Dear katemcnamara,

Thank you so much for posting a review of your recent stay. I'm really glad you enjoyed yourselves and I hope it's not too long before you are posting a review of your second stay in the Clayton!