“Wonderful Hotel-Very Professional” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 46 Hotels in Galway
MUMBAI,INDIA
“Wonderful Hotel-Very Professional”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Location- The hotel is not located in the city centre. its a 15 mins drive to the city. Yes thats a negative but this hotel has a lot of positives to offer.
Food- We only had our breakfast here and i must say it was one of the best we had on our ireland trip.
Service-The reception was wonderful more than happy to help, the restaurant staff were good too.
Rooms- Rooms are super spacious and has super comfy beds. The bathroom has all the modern amenities.
Price- Well worth the price.
Parking- Plenty of free parking.
Overall- A very good experience. Strongly recommended.
Wifi- it offers free wifi

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank SamsTravelogy
Clayton-GM, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Galway, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear SamAsia123,

Thank you so much for the glowing review of your recent stay here in the Clayton hotel. I was delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay and all the things we could influence i.e. food, service, rooms etc. were to your satisfaction. Your recommendation is also very welcome.

Rory Fitzpatrick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Hebrew first
Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

my second time here and a very nice hotel it is too.
yes it's a 12,euro taxi from centre of Galway but has free parking, comfortable rooms with superbly comfy beds
good is good, bar is good, what else do you need
would I recommend this hotel - absolutely I would indeed

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Clayton-GM, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Galway, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Ian H,

Thank you so much for both reviewing your latest stay and indeed for coming back again. I really do appreciate your business and personal recommendation. I do hope it won't be too long before you are back with us again.

Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed here again recently for our 4th visit and as usual enjoyed it immensely. Staff very friendly, helpful and welcoming. Very child friendly as we have a 3yr old daughter & 8 month old son and if they happened to throw a tantrum etc in bar/restaurant no notice was taken by staff members etc which in turn helped us feel more at ease calming them down! We're already hoping to return in October with our whole family to celebrate our parents 40th wedding anniversary (they want to return here to celebrate it!!) I'm sure the same standards will await us.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Amymariak
Clayton-GM, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Galway, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Amymariak,

Thank you so much for your review and your repeated visits. I really do appreciate your kind words and I know all the team here will be grateful for your acknowledgement of their professionalism and warm welcome. You're a great ambassador for the hotel and you simply have to get in touch in the lead up to October and your family celebration. We're delighted you intend to celebrate your parents anniversary here and we'll certainly go out of our way to ensure it's extra special. I can be reached on rory.fitzpatrick@clayton.ie and I do hope to hear from you soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

My family and my sisters family stayed at the clayton this weekend. So good,the staff were brillant we had 4 childern between us( 12, 11, 9, 6) and I can't praise the restaurant waiters enough (night and morning) They were so good with the children .The family rooms were a great size plenty of space .Cant wait to stay there again

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank clarerandles
Dear clarerandles,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I'm delighted that all went well, you were obviously always going to be busy with four kids between you and it's great to learn that you were able to relax and enjoy the break yourselves as well. I do hope it won't be too long before we see you back here again.

Acworth, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I loved this hotel. It was very clean and comfortable and had a nice modern feel. The bathroom was amazing with plenty of room and high end finishes. You have to put your room key in a slot near the door to activate the lights. The front desk didn't mention this, but I had seen it in another review. Also, the drain plug in the sink spins/flips to open. It took us a little while to figure that one out. The hall lights were on motion sensors. What a great way to be more energy efficient.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Clayton-GM, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Galway, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Angela M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. I'm delighted you liked the look and feel of the place and that you noticed some of our energy efficiency initiatives. You can expect to see a lot more of this over the following months as we strive to "green" the hotel but as always our priority is our guests comfort and we'll do all we can to keep delivering the high standards of service and facilities our guests have come to expect whilst playing our part in promoting sustainable practices.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed overnight in this hotel prior to a conference in same venue.
All the Staff were pleasant and efficient. The bedrooms were of a very high standard and the food was very good value and quality. A short taxi ride to city centre. Would highly recommend

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear john f,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent brief stay in the Clayton Hotel. I'm really glad everything was to your satisfaction and I do appreciate your recommendation. I hope it isn't too long before you travel back to Galway once again.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

This is a very good modern hotel located a couple of miles outside Galway centre. Staff were good and even though it took a little whole to sort out a technical issue with the TV they were proactive enough to check it had been resolved. Room itself was modern and the monsoon style shower was great. Wifi was free and worked well.

The bar area was good serving a good selection of drinks in a modern environment. I felt food options were slightly limited and my lamb dish lacked a little flavour.

Breakfast next morning was good with plenty of choice and good quality juices.

Friendly check in and check out so all in all a decent choice.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear sleep007,

Thank you fo taking the time to post a review of your recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. I greatly appreciate it which I get any feed back from our guests as I believe it can often help us become better at what we do. I'm delighted you enjoyed so many aspects of your visit, I'll certainly share your comments about the food with the kitchen team and I know they will take it on board as they prepare to make some seasonal changes to our offering. I hope to see you back here again in the not too distant future.