“Great Staff”

Ranked #11 of 45 Hotels in Galway
Galway, Galway, Ireland
“Great Staff”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Large bright hotel, lovely place for a coffee and meeting place. Cannot thank Niamh on reception for being so professional and helpful, she went completely out of her way to be very welcoming and ensure that we were well cared for. Thank you once again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Clayton-GM, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Galway, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear EMC40,

Thank you so much for your brief review of your visit to the Clayton Hotel. I'm delighted that all was as expected and I know Niamh will be very grateful for your recognition of the excellent job she does for us here in the hotel. I do hope it won't be too long before you are back again.

Rory Fitzpatrick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Hebrew first
Donegal Town, Ireland
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed at the Clayton hotel in June, the rooms are just fab, so clean and the beds are very comfortable! breakfast was really good although i couldn't say the same for dinner the night before unfortunately! The hotel is a good 5-10 minute drive from the city centre which i didn't really mind but not ideal for going out in Galway at night time. great car park at the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Lauram1261,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay in the Clayton hotel. I'm glad that everything about the rooms met with your approval and I appreciate your enjoyment of breakfast but rather disappointed with your comments on dinner the previous evening. I know that my F&B Manager was trying to contact you to get more details as I'm sure your feedback would prove helpful. If you do get the chance by all means please contact me directly on rory.fitzpatrick@clayton.ie.

Israel
Reviewed 15 July 2014

It is a very large, modern hotel in Galway. True - It is far from the lovely city center but it has its own advantages. Big rooms, nice food, good service, large parking lot. close to shopping center - very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear nadi O o,

Thank you for posting a brief review of your recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. I'm delighted you enjoyed your visit and I hope it won't be too long before you find a reason to stay once again.

Slough
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We were here for 3 nights for a wedding nearby, the clayton was one of the hotels on the list given to us and we were pleased that it was the one we chose, we had room 205 which was very spacious and spotlessly clean, the room was quiet and the aircon was a godsend as was the free wifi, we really enjoyed our stay and all the staff were quick with a smile and a hello and were a credit to the hotel. We would recommend without hesitation.

Room Tip: We were in a large group and spread over different floors and aspects, all the rooms were of a high...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Baljordan,

Thank you so much for posting a review of your recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. I'm delighted you choose to stay with us from what no doubt was a long list. Your kind words on the staff and the rooms are really appreciated.

Biloxi, Mississippi
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The room was wonderful, the bed comfortable and the bathroom clean. Highlighted by the spaciousness of the place and the wonderful rain type showerhead. The breakfast selection was what appeared to be typical Irish fare with a nice selection of cereals and fresh fruits. The absolute highlight of the stay was the staff whom which we spoke with from the time of entering to the very last conversation upon departure. I believe the receptionist that checked us in was named Emer and she was quite accommodating and truly professional. We then worked with Stephanie. She is an absolute delight. She was able to answer (or find an answer for) every question we could come up with, assisted us in excursion planning, and made recommendations for dining in the city center. I hope the Clayton management team realizes what a great asset they have on their front line.

Room Tip: Seek a king size room. Ample space for two travelers. Make sure you ask for face clothes as not al...
Dear Doug B,

Thank you so much for posting such a glowing review of your time in the Clayton Hotel. Your feedback on every aspect of your stay is really appreciated and I known that Emer and Stephanie in particular will be thrilled with your recognition of their hard work.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I attended the evening reception of a wedding in the Clayton. I got a special rate as I was a guest of €100 for the room without breakfast which in 2014 I would say for this hotel was reasonable but
the online rate was €180 for the room before I had said I was with the wedding which I would have felt was an exorbitant price for this standard of hotel.
The room was spacious with a double bed and a single bed, clean and comfortable, with a decent
travel sized iron and ironing board, the tea making faciltiy was poor with only tea or coffee (for this price id expect a auld plastic wrapped digestive). The bathroom decor was the rooms strongest selling point with pretty glass mosaic tiles, a drench shower and a section of the mirror heated that didn't for up. However it took a few flushes of the toilet to work.
My overall reaction would be a bit "meh" and they clayton would not be on my list when I return to galway again, I can't think of anything particularly special about the place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Navan, Ireland
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This has to be one of the best hotels we have stayed in,from we arrived at reception to when we checked out it was just perfect.The staff were so friendly and helpful in all areas of the hotel.The bedroom was so big and bright and a lovely bathroom,bed was so comfortable.Food was top class and was very well presented,both breakfast and dinner and fantastic desert.Very nice bar which also served food.Overall great hotel.

2 Thank andy m