“Nice Hotel in an Industrialised Location”

Clayton Hotel Galway
Ranked #11 of 45 Hotels in Galway
Dublin,Ireland
“Nice Hotel in an Industrialised Location”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights in a triple room which had a double bed and single bed. The room is well equipped with a tea/coffee making faclities, an iron and a safe. The bathroom has a bath and shower head. There is a small swimming pool which can get quite crowded in the afternoon.The place is kept very clean by a very harworking staff despite the numbers who seem to be staying. There is a nice modern bar which serves good food at a decent price. Whilst the hotel is nice it one part is overlooking the dual carriageway which i imagine might be noisy. The breakfast is really nice and freshly cooked which is nice. They serve scrambled eggs but will do you an omlette or poached eggs if you want. Good selection if you are watching your weight- and if you are lucky enough not to have to there is plenty for you too!

Room Tip: Ask for a room not overlooking the dual carrriageway
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Clayton-GM, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Galway, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Dublinmama,

Thank you so much for posting a review of your recent stay and I'm delighted you enjoyed so many aspects of your time with us. Hopefully it won't be too long before you get a chance to travel back to Galway again.

Rory Fitzpatrick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel,it is absolutely great value for money and the staff are some of the most helpful I have ever come across. It is located a about 5 mins drive outside Galway City but there is usually taxis waiting outside the hotel. Food was also fab, would not have a bad word to say about this hotel. They ladies i dealt with upon arrival could not have been more pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Louise1401
Clayton-GM, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Galway, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Louise1401,

Thank you so much for your brief review of your stay in the Clayton Hotel. I really do appreciate the fact that you choose to stay with us in the first place and I'm glad we didn't disappoint. Hopefully it won't be long before you are back to stay again.

Cork
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed here for 1 night in a twin room (163). I can't fault the place, a really friendly welcome, a clean, lovely room (it was massive too!) and by bed was so comfortable I skipped breakfast to lie in for a few extra hours! It's on the bus route too, 30 mins into town so bear that in mind if you don't have a car. There is a large Dunnes Stores supermarket in the shopping centre opposite, and a KFC nearby, so the local amenities are great too. If I'm back in Galway, I would definitely stay at the Clayton again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear CountryMember37,

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. I'm delighted you enjoyed so many aspects of your time with us and I really do hope you will be back to stay again in the very near future.

ireland
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed in this hotel from Friday to Sunday with friends. There were 4 of us in the room. Room was beautiful, lovely and spacious with everything you needed in it. Loved the mirror/tv that turned around. There was a mini fridge in the room which came in very handy and air con was great because weather was very warm. Room was sparkling clean.Loved our stay, only slight negative was that when room was tidied no toilet paper was left but that was rectified quickly and some was sent to our room. Staff were very attentive and helpful from beginning to finish and even gave us milk and biscuits to make a cup of tea and 2am lol.. Did not eat in this hotel or avail of the leisure facilities but looked good. Breakfast was great, fresh fruits, cereals, pastries, sausages, pudding etc. Poached & fried eggs were available to order also. The highlight of breakfast was undeniably the pancake maker!! loved it!! Bus is available opposite the hotel & with only being 1.90 into Eyre Square you cannot go wrong. Taxi prices changed even throughout the day, we paid 12 then 15 another time. Prices go up on taxis @ 8pm though. Will most definitely be back & undeniably worth the 5 hour journey it took to get there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Clayton-GM, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Galway, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear IrelandBecca,

Thank you so much for posting a review of your very recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. I'm delighted you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and maybe next time you'll get a chance to try out the pool and restaurant for an evening meal. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. If it took 5 hours to get to Galway I can't imagine it will be a trip that you will undertake that often so please let me know when you're coming and I'll make sure it's worth every moment of the journey. I can be reached at any time at rory.fitzpatrick@clayton.ie.

Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We arrived for a one night stay for my sisters hen. We had a package which included a cocktail making class, Dinner, B&B and VIP entrance to the night club, reduced rates for entry and a bottle of bubbly! The rooms and fab, clean and bathrooms are gorgeous although our room had everything my sisters had no fridge and one of the other rooms had no iron but as there was 8 of us sharing 4 rooms we all got ourselves sorted.
The cocktail making class was brilliant and although we seemed to make Poor Oliver nervous he powered through and showed us a load of different kinds! He was very good to be dealing with 8 hyper women on a hen. I would say though that the room let down the experience, felt like I was in a meeting.....
Dinner was amazing, all our food was served together and delicious. I cant remember our servers name but she was very attentive as were the other staff and considering there were 3 other hen parties in we felt well looked after. Breakfast didn't disappoint either (Although one of our hens didnt get a tomato or mushrooms) I would stay again, Staff make the place!

Room Tip: Organise a taxi to get home before going out in Galway at night as the taxis are hard to get out to...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Clayton-GM, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Galway, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear tazpio81,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review after what must have been a very busy but obviously enjoyable weekend for you. It's great to learn you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and I'm sure Oliver will appreciate the nod of recognition. I'll take your comments about the room you were in on board and feed that back to our bar manager. As you rightly guessed we use meeting rooms to accommodate these cocktail classes but perhaps there's more we can do to enhance the atmosphere a bit. This kind of feedback is really helpful, thank you.

Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 3 nights midweek (Monday-Wednesday) in July. Traveled with a friend. Hotel staff were very helpful and friendly . Rooms were lovely and well cleaned and tidied everyday by the cleaning staff ! Very efficient staff in all areas of the hotel !! Would fully recommend eating in the hotel in the tribe restaurant . Would like to highly commend our waitress (can't remember her name, think it may have been Maxine?!) she was very polite and served us with such a happy smile :) the bar food served in the hotel is also up to a very high standard and is reasonably priced. Breakfast is buffet style with a range of hot foods,cereals,fruit and pastries. When we stayed we went down to breakfast around 9.30am and it was quiet enough but we stayed midweek and as the restaurant isn't very large I can imagine weekends&high season it can get quite busy!!
There is free wifi in the hotel, however it appears it doesn't always work with apple devices ?! I couldn't get my iPod touch to connect to the wifi unfortunately but was able to use the wifi with my Samsung phone ?!
The swimming pool&changing rooms are extremely small but kids would happily play in the pool.
The location is very convenient. The 403 bus pulls up right outside the hotel and this will bring you directly into eyre square (just near the train station) very handy indeed !! We stayed for 4 days and took the bus everyday and were able to do plenty and go lots of places without a car. Well served by public transport which is a major bonus. There is also a dunnes stores and a KFC located directly opposite the hotel.
Would happily recommend the hotel to anyone and would like to thank all the staff who made our stay so enjoyable !!

Stayed July 2014
Dear Megs97,

Thank you so much for posting such a comprehensive and positive review of your stay in the Clayton hotel. I'm delighted you enjoyed your time with us so much and you got to get out and explore Galway and all the great attractions that help make this such a popular destination. I really do appreciate your recommendation and I hope you left something else still to do in the west so you'll find an excuse to visit again soon.

Dublin
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed in the Clayton Hotel three months ago and I was so impressed with the whole experience that I returned for another visit. I consider the staff in any hotel, to be key to a guests overall experience and the staff in the Clayton Hotel certainly don't disappoint. From arrival to departure each staff member knew how to do their job to the highest degree and this was consistent throughout the whole visit. One staff member, called Stephanie, excelled! The rooms are spotless and beds are really comfortable. Food was lovely and all tastes are catered for. I will definitely be returning many times in the future.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear MDoolin,

Thank you so much for posting a review of your most recent stay in the Clayton. As a returning guest your opinion is especially valuable to me as it's being able to consistently meet and exceed the expectations of all our guests, new and repeat that's so important to what we do here. Your kind comments about the staff, food rooms etc. are really welcome and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Clayton at some point in the not too distant future.