“Absolutely Fabulous!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Nova Scotia, Canada
“Absolutely Fabulous!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

This hotel is unbelievable!! It is so reasonably priced for teh service you are giving. Rooms are huge and spotless, walk in shower in the bathroom plus a hugh bath tub and heated floors. Massive bed that is so comfy!! Pool and sauna are great! Bar has=d entertainment the weekend I stay which was great, stayed there alnight!! Fabulous breakfast, room service is also brillant as staff are friendly. Only a bus stop from the town centre of Galway which is perfect. would recommend to anyone. Beautiful hotel!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mario L
Clayton-GM, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Galway, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Mario L,

Thank you so much for your glowing review. I'm delighted you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and I really do appreciate your recommendation. If you are back in the Galway area again at any stage be sure to call in where you can be assured of a friendly welcome.

Rory Fitzpatrick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Hebrew first
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Once again the clayton hotel was an amazing stay again! My partner booked a 2 night stay June bank holiday weekend for my birthday, he originally booked the presidential suite but unfortunately it was double book because there was a wedding on. Rory explained about the mistake and gave up a executive suite instead. We had a fabulous 3 course meal on the first night , I also got a birthday cake and a candle for dessert and got sang happy birthday. We had a great breakfast each morning we were there. I can't wait to go back to the clayton again and hopefully get to stay in the presidential suite next time. Thanks to Rory & all the staff at the clayton hotel for once again a brilliant stay :)

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Clayton-GM, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Galway, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear SuzanneLouise2014,

Thank you so much for posting a review of your most recent stay in the Clayton Hotel and you are very welcome, it was our pleasure to accommodate you for your celebratory break. I really do hope there will be many more occasions when you make your way back to us here in the Clayton.

Canterbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Room was clean and modern. Service was excellent. Traditional Irish Breakfast buffet, was tasty. Reception people very helpful as we where in the city to go to the Galway International Art Festival. Told us about the bus, gave us a schedule. Worked out great taking the bus in for a couple Euro and back to the hotel. I agree with other reviewer, there is nothing in walking distance except a little shopping mall, that had a pharmacy, grocery store and a nice little coffee shop. But the bus stop is right in front of the Hotel and you can get to the city center in less than 20 minutes. Park the car and ride the bus!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Clayton-GM, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Galway, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Darla1964,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. Your opinion matters a lot to me and it's great to know you found the staff here so helpful and accommodating. Galway has a huge amount to offer and as you discovered even though we're removed a little form the very centre of all that's going on, it really is just a short trip via bus right to the heart and you don't have the stress and expense of parking.

Derry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

We're already planning our next stay. Upon check in and in light of an email I had sent during the week, we were upgraded to an Executive suite on the Presidential Floor! to help us mark the occasion of my partner's birthday and my graduation results! We were delighted and even more so when we saw our room. Sitting area, fridge, all amenities that u could think of - even 'luxury' mending kit - sowing! Large hot tub bath on 1 side of the bathroom and walk in large shower on the other. In the middle of the room stood a wall which held a 365 tilting tv / mirror!! Bed was so damn comfy and with the black out curtains made for effortless sleeps an ly ons! Staff make this hotel, they are so attentive and well mannered. Nothing is a bother, hats off to management for running such a tight ship. Emer was very helpful throughout email correspondence, 'Maurice' was lovely on checking in and very informative. Stephanie was the lady who checked us out and again another lovely member of staff seeking if we enjoyed our stay. Hotel is a little out from city but we didn't mind, we find u have 2 go out a little from the City to make up for in luxury. Thank u very much The Clayton for a well needed break and we hope it's the very near future that we return!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Charlene I
Dear Charlene I,

Thank you so much for both your review and for choosing to stay with us in the first place for your double celebration. I'm delighted you enjoyed your time with us and it's great to learn all the staff you dealt with were so welcoming. I know that they will all be thrilled with your recognition of their hard work and certainly I look forward to welcoming you back to the Clayton in the near future.

Sligo, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

The Clayton is in a great location it is modern clean and has great staff who work very hard. We have always stayed here when in Galway and we always return. Stephanie on Reception is so helpful and goes out of her way to suit the customer, she is a huge asset to the Hotel. I recommend the Clayton for anyone who is visiting Galway. The beds are so comfortable the rooms and bathrooms are spotless. Customers always return here because of the comfort and the friendly staff and service.

Room Tip: All rooms are exceptional
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear LornaLoyalCustomer,

Thank you so much for posting a review of your most recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. It was great to have you back again and I'm delighted that we continue to exceed your expectations. You're absolutely right, all the team work extremely hard to ensure they're delivering a first class service to all our guests and the acknowledgement is very much appreciated. I hope to see you back here again in the very near future.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Trip to Galway, to do some sightseeing, chose this hotel purely on the basis of cost. Wanted a 4* hotel, this was the cheapest available on the day. Had a triple room (teenage daughter too). Arrived on a friday, left saturday. Had booked using web, so at check-in just a credit card swipe require, but a very unfriendly/unwelcoming receptionist (name might have been Brenda??) - not what one is used to in an Irish hotel! Checking out the same receptionist was there - again very unfriendly - so she wasnt just having a bad day 8-)

Hotel very clean. Triple room, very large. Huge beds and state of the art bedding 8-) Lovely cotton sheets/duvet/pillows/mattress topper (I like my luxury bedding!) Shortage of towels for x3 in the bathroom. Tea/coffee making facilities in room (I also like this!) Nice bathroom - very clean, good t.v channels and nice lighting. Oh and excellent soundproofing - busy road outside, couldnt hear a thing!

Breakfast was good. Usual buffet. Waiting staff in the dining room were good/attentive. Coffee (pots) wasnt fabulous, but acceptable. Good selection of cooked/cereals/breads/fruit etc etc

Its location in relation to the centre of Galway city isnt ideal - had a taxi in and out on friday night - E13 and E15 - it was the end of the Arts Festival, so traffic was heavy, we didnt know the city & parking so chose taxi rather than bring the car in...

So, apart from the unfriendly receptionist, couldnt fault the Clayton Hotel

Room Tip: Soundproofing seems to be excellent
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ann B
Dear Ann B,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay in the Clayton hotel. I'm glad that overall you enjoyed your stay and I really do appreciate your recommendation. I've raised your comments about the receptionist you dealt with with the entire Front Office team and I know they all will work hard to ensure we don't let ourselves in that manner again. It's unusual for us to get a negative comment about any of the reception staff as can be seen from our previous reviews but we'll take it on board all the same with mind to make improvements in what we do.
Hopefully we'll see you back here again at some point when I'm sure the welcome you receive on arrival will be remarkably improved.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I visited the clayton recently for a 1 night stay, I arrived late to the hotel so asked for a late check out at 1pm the following day, where the young receptionist said "fine" . We went to our room to relax & freshen up before we got some dinner, only to find the tap on the shower was broken in 365 room so had to yank up a screw to get it working !
We got over it as I work in the hotel business myself & know maintenance is a everyday occurring job.
Lovely sleep on the comfortable beds I must say where praise is given. The morning came and after breakfast & the use of the pool area we used the dreaded shower again in the room((currently 11:50am) before check out in an hours time, when a foreign cleaner knocked & walked straight in while I was in the shower & my girlfriend was changing !! Furious about the privacy and late check out requirement I asked for twice, I confronted a female cleaner about our check out time, where she said in poor English to "dial 0" a number times , misunderstanding that I asked for it twice before & that should have be recorded on their daily cleaning sheets !!?
Once we packed up we returned the keys at reception to a female in her late 30s/ early 40s receptionist where she basically blew my issue off my saying " I didn't check ye in last night" when I had stated a few days prior in an email requesting a late check out and had on a printed page !!
Disgraceful attitude from the cleaners & would have thought more of the reception to at least apologise for the incident than to be oblivious to the situation !! Never again.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Maximus M
Dear Maximus M,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. I greatly appreciate all the feedback I get from our guests as often I believe it can help us become better at what we do. I'm sorry you were disappointed with your stay but I do believe your comments are a little harsh in light of what you experienced. Yes, certainly the cleaning staff should have been aware of your late check out request and I'll be reviewing with the team here where the communication between Front Office and Accommodation broke down but I don't think that you are justified in claiming the staff you dealt with were happy with being unhelpful and rude. I think that's taking it a little too far. As you can see from our previous reviews the Front Office staff in particular are regularly praised for their hospitality and welcome so I do believe your judgement is unwarranted.
I will however raise your comments with the entire management team here in the hotel and I know they will all work harder to ensure we don't let ourselves in this manner again.