“Cliffs of Moher Tour so good, we booked Connemara the next day!”

Galway Tour Company
Book In Advance
More Info
US$34.28*
and up
Cliffs of Moher Day Trip from Galway
Ranked #1 of 55 Tours in Galway
More attraction details
Owner description: Galway Tour Company offers FUN Day & Overnight Tours to the Cliffs of Moher, The Burren, Connemara & Cong, The Aran Islands, the eco/cultural hill village of Cnoc Suain, Connemara Walking Tours & crazy night tours too! Tripadvisor 2011 Certificate of Excellence recipients & probably the best tour company in the world!
Walt Disney World, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Cliffs of Moher Tour so good, we booked Connemara the next day!”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We recently toured with them on our trip to Ireland. I have nothing for praise for the people of the Galway/Dublin Tour Company. (from Dublin, its Dublin Tour Company). I originally booked their bus from Dublin to Galway (can be booked separate from a day tour) and the 10 am. Cliffs of Moher tour. Our very friendly bus driver from Dublin to Galway was Billy - more about him later...our bus driver/guide to the cliffs was Gary. He was friendly and very informative about the sights on the way to the Cliffs. It was raining but we got to the Cliffs before a down pour and were able to get some pictures. On the way to the Cliffs, we stopped in Doolin for lunch and several other sights. On the way back, Gary made sure he stopped for pictures of the "dancing dog" which was very cute and funny. While at the pub where we had lunch in Doolin, we met Billy again. We mentioned that we were enjoying the trip so much that we wanted to book for Connemara the next day. He immediately put in a phone call to the office to make sure we had seats and arranged to have us picked up at our hotel the next morning. The trip to Connemara was so worth it. The stop at Kylemore Castle/Abbey was unbelievable and a highlight of our Ireland trip. Mike, our bus driver/guide had many funny stories to share and we thoroughly enjoyed the day. That evening, we made our return trip to Dublin on their bus (prebooked thru their tour company). I would highly recommend these people Dublin or Galway Tour Company (same) to do the Cliffs or Connemara tours. Their guides are information, funny and helpful as was the people I exchanged emails requesting info before leaving the US (Tanya). And a plus is that they will take your luggage on all their buses so there are no worries about storage. Thanks to all mentioned for a wonderful experience!

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
San Diego
“Cliffs of Moher & Burren Tour Experience”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

My wife and I recently booked this tour (Saturday 10/26). This was an excellent experience for both of us, and from what I could tell everyone else on the tour! We were met at our hotel in the morning and escorted over to the bus departure. Our driver Eamon was amazing!! He was very knowledgeable about all areas we toured (and Ireland in general) and kept us entertained all thru the tour with his interesting stories about the places we were seeing. His driving was impeccable, as we were comfortable and felt very safe, and he kept a close safe watch and headcount on all passengers. We greatly appreciated the very interesting journey. Eamon was especially helpful in getting us back to Galway in time for us to catch our Coach back toward Dublin. To help us he arranged for us to change to the other accompanying bus that would help us get back in time, whose driver and guide (an very kind bit older gentleman who's name I cannot remember) were able to finish the trip and drop us in time to the exact correct bus pickup. Both of them were very helpful in ensuring us a great finish to a fantastic day. I would definitely highly reccommend this tour company (and both our driver Eamon, and the other guide) for anyone who wants a really great tour. Thank you so much for the fun time, and wonderful experience!!

Nutley, New Jersey
“Excellent tour! But beware of tourist traps”
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I loved the Cliffs of Moher tour lead by Damien Nunan on 10/16! OF COURSE the only person to complain is some snotty brat more concerned about her "Louis Vuitton" bags than getting back on the bus at the appropriate time. I know for a fact that Damien counted heads every time we got back on the bus after making a sight seeing stop!

BEWARE:
- When the bus makes a stop at Monks Cafe, DO NOT get either coffee or Irish coffee. Neither is good, and both are ridiculously overpriced.
- when you stop for lunch in Doolin, don't eat at the pub suggested by the driver. It's some sort of tourist trap for sure. The food is overpriced and not even good. €19 for 2 orders of "ham and cheese sandwich with soup"... I made better ham and cheese sandwiches when I was in 3rd grade. The wait staff isn't even friendly when you arrive. Save your palette for the cliffs of Moher which is the next stop on the tour, and serves better more reasonably priced food in their cafe.

West Bromwich
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Well done Michael (Shamus) and Emmon”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We did both tours this company does around the Connemara and the Cliffs of Moran? The coach picked us up at the b&b at around 9.30am and gave us two lovely days out exploring the Galway area. Our drivers Michael(shamus) and Eamon were very funny with their little Irish jokes. I felt a little sorry for them as the commentary wasn't understood by a lot of the passengers.
I think the coach company could expand their service as they are no doubt experts in their field well done.

Buxton, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Excellent trip - we'd do it again”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We left from Galway to do Connemara including Kylemore Abbey and Cong. The commentary from our driver, Ken, was every entertaining giving us lots of information on the history of the region and advising on how to get the best out of each stop we made. My only criticism was that the bus was a late substitute and did not have a lot of leg room - never mind - Ken explained what the problem had been and apologised - he deflected concerns with humour and honesty.
Should we go to Ireland again, we would stay in the Connemara region - stunning.