“Very Enjoyable”
Review of Bricin Restaurant

Bricin Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 191 Restaurants in Killarney
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Set above Bricín Shop, Bricín Restaurant and Boxty House is a well known name on the lips of many people. Opened in November 1991, its popularity is down to the fine food produced by Owner/Chef Paddy McGuire and by the warmth of welcome and hospitality shown front of house by Owner Johnny McGuire. Between them they have an exceptional product that has been 21 years plus in the making.
Reviewed 30 May 2014

It was our first night in Killarney and we were just browsing menus as we were walking up the street. I noticed that Bircin's was touting their boxtys, they were on the early bird menu and I couldn't recall having had one before, so we stopped in. I was pleased to see, after returning to our hotel room after dinner, that Bircin's is rated number 2 out of 140 restaurants in Killarney.

The restaurant is up a flight of stairs (and the restrooms are up another flight). The decor was stunning and had a very opulent, old Irish, feel to it. The early bird menu is 19 Euros and one may select a starter (I had the seafood chowder - excellent) and a main (I had the lamb boxty) or a main and a dessert. The service was excellent and the manager made a point of visiting each table. Highly recommend.

1  Thank dskid
Write a ReviewReviews (1,539)

Reviewed 30 May 2014

During our brief visit while passing through Killarney, we chose one of the first restaurants on our way from the parking lot. The early bird price was definitely an inspiration and the menu options. The restaurant was located upstairs through a tasteful gift and souvenir store. When we walked upstairs, we were fortunate to get a seat for a reserved table that was later that evening. With hunger and limited time, we decided on the seafood chowder, deep fried Camembert, hake and salmon gratin, lamb and vegetable boxty, Irish soda bread with walnuts accompanied by a bottle of Kenmare red ale and a glass of red wine. My husband and I shared with each other to be able to sample the choices from the menu items. After completely cleaning our plates, we were delighted with the total charges as our pocket books were stressed from eating in Ireland at various restaurants. The service was excellent and the dinner was one of the best at any price!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The four of us had dinner here at the suggestion of our B & B owner. We were not disappointed.
The food was well prepared. Most notable I thought were the vegetables which were very tasty as was the potatoes both came with our meals.The scallops are served with the coral as they should be. The décor is artsy and heavy with paintings. The serve was excellent.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We ate there tonight upon recommendation of the B & B that we were staying in. It was indeed very good. Our table had scallops, boxty pancakes and lamb. All prepared excellent, especially the vegetables which were prepared better than I have ever had before! Atmosphere excellent and service also excellent. Finished with Irish coffee which prepared well. You need reservations.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Restaurant was very busy, good atmosphere, waitress was very friendly and informative.
Was disappointed in food, was not up to the standard I was expecting.