“Wonderful experience”
Review of Bricin Restaurant

Bricin Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 203 Restaurants in Killarney
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Set above Bricín Shop, Bricín Restaurant and Boxty House is a well known name on the lips of many people. Opened in November 1991, its popularity is down to the fine food produced by Owner/Chef Paddy McGuire and by the warmth of welcome and hospitality shown front of house by Owner Johnny McGuire. Between them they have an exceptional product that has been 21 years plus in the making.
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed a most memorable experience in Bricín. From the moment we arrived we were given the famous Killarney welcome. The wine selection was exquisite and the food worthy of a Michelin star. Would highly recommend.

2  Thank kenkeohane
Write a ReviewReviews (1,770)

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

If your visiting Killarney this restaurant is one of the best. I had the boxty and it was delicious. The brushetta was the best I've had anywhere. The atmosphere was so relaxing and the service was next to none. Also I can't forget to mention the staff who are very friendly and welcoming, a trip to Killarney isn't the same without a visit to this restaurant. I would highly recommend it but you should book a table beforehand as its always so busy.

2  Thank danjer38
Reviewed 24 June 2018

We booked in advance but there seemed no need when we arrived as there were so many empty tables, which remained empty up until we left.

The restaurant is dingy, but clean and the waitress was friendly although over attentive. We felt very rushed to make a decision what to order and there was little gap between each course. It almost seemed she was on a timer to return to rush us on to the next course.

Clearly people do return as 'old friends' and this was very obvious due to the amount of chatting the waitress was having with others.

The food was underwhelming. We had chicken pancakes - they tasted nice enough but gone within a few bites. Next came boxty - it was bland and we felt ripped off. This meal was at least 10 euro overpriced.

Dessert was ok, the sponge was light, but nothing of note.

This restaurant is aimed at the American market, the decor is olde worlde and fake and the food was not Irish themed - my Irish family had never heard of Boxty.

At the end, we just walked out, leaving a small tip for the waitress.

I wouldn't bother with this restaurant again and we ate in much better restaurants (taste and value) so don't be caught up by the 'must visit, must book hype'.

2  Thank MsHampshire
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Great food, service & price. Highly recommend to book in advance.
We had the soup to start- really nice homemade soup. I had the chicken boxty chicken special- which was lovely. Hubby had a steak, cooked as requested & he enjoyed it. Desserts are a most- I had the special fruit crumble- real homemade & delicious.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Our first evening in Killarney, our bed and breakfast host made us a reservation at the Bricin Restaurant. The food and spirits were delicious and the menu offered so many different choices. The lamb was amazing, the service was excellent, and the evening perfection for a first night in Killarney.