“Thoroughly enjoyable”

Cellar One
Ranked #18 of 186 Restaurants in Killarney
Price range: US$12 - US$47
Cuisines: European, Irish
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The stylish Cellar One Restaurant is at the heart of The Ross with truly individual design features. Leading from the Pink Lounge down the elegant stairs into Cellar One Restaurant is impressive, and from here on your evening will continue in this same vein. Chef Ian McMonagle has beautifully combined local produce with international influences which will fall nothing short of offering gastric delight. As well as great creative flair there is a clear understanding of food & flavours evident all the way through this menu. From the Cromane Mussels steamed in coconut milk with lime and ginger to the Roast Peppered Breast of Skeghanore Duck served with braised red cabbage, baked apple, honey & orange sauce the creative flair and clear understanding of food is evident all the way through this menu.
“Thoroughly enjoyable”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Had a fantastic meal here off the "2 courses &coctail" for €25, Had the goats cheese for start and the pork belly for main, both were delicious and very generous portions (I had cycled 100km that day and yet still could not finish the main). The staff were friendly and attentive. I was amazed I got such good quality for the price considering the night before I spent the same amount for food not even half upto scratch elsewhere in killarney. I would definitely recommend going here

• Visited October 2013

• Polish first
Penzance, United Kingdom
“Beautiful place”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The restaurant is in the cellar of the Ross Hotel which is beautiful and one of our favourite places to stay when passing thro Killarney. We went mid-week and the restaurant was very quiet. Having been several times previously we were slightly disappointed with the service and the food, it just lacked the fine details which were there originally.

Visited October 2013
Adelaide, Australia
“excellent value and service”
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Had the special 25 euro for 2 courses and a cocktail, unbelevable value. Cocktails were superb food excellent and waiters very nice. We will go back and try the tapas.
no hestitation in recommending

Visited September 2013
Waterford
“Very Nice”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Its a nice restaurant with a really chilled out vibe which is part of the ross hotel its a wonderful place for some truly good food without any pretences.Honest food with just a little twist,we were staying in the park hotel which is sister hotel across the road and we just wondered in on saturday night and got a table around 8 which was great.Two Steaks later and bottle of house white €86 which I thought was a little steep overall

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank MichaelBres
Killarney, Ireland
“Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I went to Cellar One for a friends birthday. She had booked the 3 course meal for a group of friends.
I had the Goats cheese starter which was absolutely beautiful. For my main course I had chicken. The Chicken was nice, but a bit dry as I am allergic to alcohol and vinegar, so I could not eat the sauce that was served on the side. Unfortunately the oil that was served with the bread before the starter had been removed from the table.
I arrived a little later and only joined the girls for starters, but unfortunately I was not asked if I would like a different drink than the wine that was poured for the girls.
I am working in a restaurant myself and I couldn't help noticing that the waitress did not offer any other drinks. The girls had to call over a different waiter and ask for another bottle of wine.
An the upside the waitress did not make a fuss when the birthday girl requested the birthday cake (which I had brought in as a surprise) would be served instead of the dessert from the set menu. The cake was brought out after the mains. They had turned down the lights in the restaurant and got the piano player to play happy birthday, which was a lovely touch!

Visited September 2013