“Fabulous”

Cellar One
Ranked #19 of 183 Restaurants in Killarney
Price range: US$11 - US$43
Cuisines: Irish, European
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The stylish Cellar One Restaurant is at the heart of The Ross with truly individual design features. Leading from the Pink Lounge down the elegant stairs into Cellar One Restaurant is impressive, and from here on your evening will continue in this same vein. Chef Ian McMonagle has beautifully combined local produce with international influences which will fall nothing short of offering gastric delight. As well as great creative flair there is a clear understanding of food & flavours evident all the way through this menu. From the Cromane Mussels steamed in coconut milk with lime and ginger to the Roast Peppered Breast of Skeghanore Duck served with braised red cabbage, baked apple, honey & orange sauce the creative flair and clear understanding of food is evident all the way through this menu.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Stumbled upon this place and couldn't fault it one bit! Brilliant atmosphere and fantastic staff (Bart was extremely attentive and helpful)! The food was gorgeous! I had the famous prawns and (for my first time) they were delicious, lovely flavours! Loved every bit of our experience here! Thanks again!

• Visited March 2014
TheRossHotel, Restaurant Manager at Cellar One, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Emmacork,

Thank you for dining with us here in the Cellar One Restaurant. We are so pleased you enjoyed your experience.

I was very happy to read, how much you enjoyed our ‘famous’ Blue Agave Tequila Prawns. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the Chef, who will be delighted to hear them.

We very much hope you will return to see us again soon.

Best Regards,

Bartosz Langwerski

• Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent meal and Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Had dinner here as it came recommended by a friend. Myself and my girlfriend were greeted and seated immediately on arrival with our coats taken. The restaurant itself was lovely with a life piano playing in the background. The waiting staff were very helpful and checked in with us several times throughout the meal. The food was delicious and well presented. After dinner we asked about the bar upstairs and our server offered to get the cocktail menu and our cocktails brought downstairs to us as we wished to remain in the restaurant area. Overall, excellent locale, excellent food, excellent service and even better excellent cocktails!

Dear Padraig O,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Cellar One Restaurant.
I’ve shared your encouraging comments with all my team here, who join me in thanking you for your great feedback. We are all genuinely delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience, cocktails and the piano playing in the background so much.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Cellar One very soon.

Kind Regards,

Bartosz Langwerski
Cork, Ireland
“Most enjoyable meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

My husband choose this restaurant for my 40th. We have eaten here many time before but this time was hands down the best. The piano playing in the background, the fabulous modern decor, the very pleasant staff and the food. We had the lamb lollipops and lamb pattie for starters, so tender and served on hot slates, we both had the fillet beef which was served with prawns, I asked for no prawns as I'm allergic to shellfish and they were very accommodating. The fillet was cooked to perfection and the side portions were generous. We had the white coffee creme brulee between us for dessert and coffee. We had a lovely evening thanks to Bart and a charming female server. Would recommend The Cellar One of any occasion.

• Visited March 2014
TheRossHotel, Restaurant Manager at Cellar One, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Veronica O,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review.
I really appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback on your experience, at The Cellar One Restaurant.

We are constantly striving to improve our guest’s experience and it really encourages us when we get good feedback so thanks a million.
We hope it won’t be long before we see you again.

Regards,

Bart
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Had dinner here with friends last weekend the food and service were excelant. The resturant has real character with mood lighting and funky music. The staff were very friendly and attentive, the restaurant manager saw us to our table and recommended a lovely bottle of wine ( great wine list ). The menu is great and offering lots of choice for everyone, I loved my dessert the knickerbocker glory .... After our meal we moved to the Bar where there was a DJ playing & we enjoyed some great cocktail. Will definitely return again soon.

“Very Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Went to Cellar One with my wife on the Saturday night March 8th. It was the second night of our two night stay in killarney. The restaurant was recommended by our hotel reception and booked accordingly.
We went early and had a drink in the bar which is lovely and do great cocktails. Our table was booked for 8.30 and we arrived downstairs in the restaurant at that time only to be told our table was not ready and would we please return to the bar and we would be called in a few minutes.
20 minutes later the Maître d' came and found us to say it would be a few minutes more. Another 20 minutes passed and we eventually were seated.
Service was slow, we ordered drinks and our food starters and mains. When my mains came I ordered surf n turf , fillet medium but my fillet was very well done. I returned my mains and 18 minutes later it was replaced, my wife had finished her meal at this stage , so I ate half my dinner as this was nearly 10.30 and the hunger had gone off me at that stage.
We asked for the bill , paid and left and will never return or recommend this restaurant .

Visited March 2014