“Brillant Stay”

Ranked #74 of 141 Killarney B&B and Inns
north
“Brillant Stay”
Reviewed 12 April 2010

while visiting killarney and the lovely national park we stayed at the shepherds lodge for 2 nights, the host was very helpful and guided us to all the right places, the shepherds lodge is a beautiful place, the breakfast was delicious especially the brown bread and the decor was very nice our room was very cosy, it was also great to access the internet cause i never travel without my laptop. i will definitely be recommending this B&B

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sans65

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Coloradan in Ireland
Reviewed 3 April 2010

The McCarthys, who run this B& B are incredibly accomodating (I changed my room from a single to a double with no notice), friendly, with the house being clean and appealing. I stayed 8 nights during the All Irish Dance Festival and it was wonderful to stay with them for the duration. They were available and more than kind when I had questions or needed help. By the time I left, it almost felt as if I were leaving family. And the brown bread is to die for!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank traveler80132
Rochester NY
Reviewed 26 March 2010

We stayed with Sheila for 5 nights while My daughter danced at the INEC . She was always so sweet and full of information when we needed it . Our luggage was lost for the duration of our trip and she directed us to some great discount stores to replenish our wardrobe. I enjoyed my Irish breakfasts and my daughter enjoyed that there were other lighter choices for her. I even got Sheila's recipe for Guinness and walnut bread and have made it twice and barely got a piece because my family loved it so much! Sheila has a nice TV lounge with coffee and tea available . My only concern was that Sheila likes to keep her house pretty cold in the morning! I enjoyed the location as it was right by the INEC and close to many sights. I would recommend Shephard's Lodge to anyone.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank lala1958
Reviewed 18 March 2010

We stayed here for two nights, we went to a concert in the INEC just around the corner. And we were able to go with Martin on the horse and cart on Sunday afternoon. Very nice people, they know their stuff.

• Stayed February 2010
1 Thank JJLynch325
North East Eangland
Reviewed 19 July 2008

We booked here for two nights while touring Kerry. The picture on the web site looks nice but when you get inside the house is stuck in the 70's and looks down at heel. It did not look very clean. It looked as if breakfast was being done on a budget compared to all the other places we stayed. No tea and coffee making facilities in the bedroom, the iron didn't work.
Not recommended.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Decoration
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family