“Brilliant B&B in Killarney”

Springfield Lodge Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #29 of 139 Killarney B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant B&B in Killarney”
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I have been spending my summer holiday in Killarney for nearly 20 years and go back to Springfield Lodge time and again. Kay is very welcoming, with nothing too much trouble, and her B&B is now a real home from home for me. It's easy to reach the centre of town by foot but the house is in a quiet cul de sac, with views of the mountains from the front door.

Kay's breakfasts, in particular, are the best I have ever had in a B&B - in Ireland or elsewhere. I spend most of my holiday cycling and they keep me fuelled all day! Make sure you don't miss her pancakes...

On wheels in Ireland

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank margaret_om

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed 19 July 2012 via mobile

Kay thank you so much for our stay . From the minute we walked in we were looked after so well. The room was fantastic the breakfast was amazing . We have travelled Ireland this week and Springfield Lodge is our favourite. Thankyou

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We stayed with Mrs. OShae on one of the most beautiful days of our trip. She was very welcoming and told us of the best place to go for a night cap and dancingin town (The Grand if you are wondering). The room was spacious and very clean.The breakfast was light but fulling. Pancakes and fresh fruit. Yum. We would definitely reccomend the Springfield Lodge.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dalena N
Athlone
Reviewed 6 October 2011

Stayed with Kay for a week in august what a lovely lady and wonderful Irish hospitality at its best. The premises itself is lovely and so well cared for. Staying with two children there was no problem with anything, nothing was to much bother.for Kay and the team. We will definitly be returing again as I can honestly say this was one of the best stays I have ever had in Ireland.
Many Thanks to the wonderful Hostess Kay and all her staff.
From Mark, Alice and the girls ( Charlestown Mayo)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I was travelling with my 81 year old father who had a massive stroke last year and my 14 year old niece. Kay was very friendly and accommodating, the rooms clean and spacious, she had a ground floor room for my father which was great because he isn't great on stairs, breakfast was fabulous (best I've ever had [and I visit Ireland a lot, sometimes four times a year]), on our last day in Killarney my niece was too tired to get up for breakfast, despite her love of food and Kay took her breakfast in bed. Thanks Kay you're a wonderful hostess and will definitely stay with you next time I'm in Killarney.
Karen O'Shea (no relation).

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 9 May 2011

Kay made our experience at Springfield absolutely amazing. She was fun, friendly and very eager to help us in any way possible. She booked a tour of us through the Ring of Kerry with O'Connor Tours and they picked us up in the morning right at Springfield Lodge.

Our room was at the front of the home with a lovely view of the mountains in Killarney National Park. We had a small sitting area in our room, luggage rack, TV, coffee and tea and plenty of books. Our bed was comfortable and our room was spotlessly clean. In the morning, I did run out of hot water but my husband did not.

For breakfast, the choice was a full Irish or pancakes with fruit. Both were fantastic and Kay was so helpful and friendly. We really had a great experience here and will be returning when we re-visit Killarney next year.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 18 December 2010

Where to start with Mrs. Kay O'Shea. . .from the moment she greets you at the door and sees you to your room, you feel like you are with your sister, aunt, mother, or grandmother! We had booked the family room, but I was ill. I did not want to stay in the same room with my friends, so I asked Kay if she had an open room I could stay in and pay separately for (we were using vouchers). She had a room for one night and she let me stay there without taking any payment for it. She knew I was miserably ill and had made me ginger tea and introduced me to Manuka Honey (to help with congestion) for my tea and for a lift in energy. The next evening, I asked Kay if she could call a taxi for us to take into town and she said to go out front and it would be there in 2 minutes. Imagine my surprise when I see our taxi driver is Mrs. Kay O'Shea herself!!! She recommended a few places for us single girls to go and meet nice Irish boys. She was spot on from the get-go. Lovely home, BRILLANT woman, and outstanding hospitality. I shall be staying with Kay again (hopefully in May 2011) Thank you Kay for making such grand memories for us all!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends