I have been to Kilarney many times and have stayed in a number of vicinities ranging from in town to being on the border of Muckross. I have to say my stay at Linehan's wins hands down for the following reasons:
1) The location - you are right in the middle of the excitement, whether it be catching a few drinks with friends or having a fine family meal -you have peace of mind that you can do what you like, be as late as you like, knowing that you are not far from home. No cabs, no cold walks home - simply trot a few steps next door and you are in ready for a night cap [Barry's tea in my case].
2) The staff - The landlady sets a benchmark for customer care. No matter how big or small the request [morning alarm call, organising taxi's or simply requesting milk to be warmed] the landlady made sure we [as a family] were looked after. My experience of Linehan's is that 'Customer is king'. As a customer I and my family felt very looked after and our weekend's stay was very peaceful and relaxing which was surprising for a B & B in a busy town location.
3) The craic - If its fun you are after and a true experience of the 'irish way' then look no further. From auld fella's sipping a few pints at the bar downstairs and telling a tale or two, to the couple in the back tasting the fine irish stew - the stories of old are modernised to a fresh new perspective. On racing day - the locals flock next door to put on a bet, then watch the race over a pint of the blackstuff - all the while the atmosphere exults excitement. This has to be experienced first hand and cannot be paraphrased by story.
In summary - great location, great comfort, fantastic atmosphere, fabulous food and an experience that will stay with us for some time. I will definitley be returning in October.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All rooms en-suite with power showers, top quality beds, hypoallergenic duvets, flat screen TVs, free wi-fi internet access and an all new breakfast menu. Breakfast is served until 11am. Check out at midday. Dan Linehan's traditional Irish bar in Killarney town centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Dan Linehan's Bar & B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.