“Great Place”
Review of Salmon Leap Farm

Salmon Leap Farm
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed at this B&B. They were wonderful. They were very kind and let us check in early. The room was the best we stayed in while in Ireland. Very clean and nice. Will stay again when we travel to Ireland.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed here for three nights and it was the best B&B on our trip! Sean was so friendly and helpful, we got tea/coffee upon arrival. Be sure to have him give you a tour of the archaeological site on his property, it was very interesting. Beds were clean and comfy, and bathrooms were large! Never thought i would comment on showers but those were the best, as well as the hair/skin products he leaves for you, I felt like I was at a spa! Highly recommend this green, historical B&B!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2014

From the moment we arrived, Sean made sure we had whatever we needed. The place was very clean and comfortable. Also, it seemed very "green" with separate trash cans and such. It does offer free wifi on the main floor. I was able to use it from my room, but my husband could not. Make sure you have Sean take you out back to see the historic site. It is not a lot too see, but the history and story of it is worth it. It also gives you a chance to get to know a very nice man. TIP- If your bathroom has a skylight in it, like ours did, close the bathroom door before you go to bed. The light from it might wake you up earlier than you had wanted. Breakfast was delicious. If I get back to Ireland, I will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my wife and two girls over Easter and had a lovely time.Was here previously four years ago and happy to report that nothing has changed.Its an old farmhouse about 10-15 minutes drive from Killarney.Great location for touring around the fantastic scenery of Kerry.
The farmhouse is just on the N22 but at night the quiet and dark were just incredible.Coming from Dublin or indeed any large city you will be struck by this straight away.It made for really relaxing nights sleep.No traffic noise, house alarms, etc fantastic.
Sean took great care of us and has the knack of being around whenever you need him for directions or advice whilst being totally non obtrusive aswell.
Breakfasts were hearty and filling and the shower in our family room was probably the most powerful I've ever encountered!
We'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We have just spent 3 days with Sean at Salmon Leap. We can't thank him and the family for their amazing hospitality, nothing is to much trouble for them all. Stayed in many B&B's and this is certainly up with the best. The purpose of the trip was walking in the National Park and Dingle peninsula which was stunning as had amazing weather over Easter. If you're visiting Killarney I can't recommend highly enough. Thanks Sean......

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Neil B
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My husband and I recently spent a short weekend in Ireland and our first nights stay was at the Salmon Leap Farm. What a wonderful experience! From the moment we walked in the door, Sean took care of our every need, even down to supplying us with a UK outlet adapter since we did not bring one ourselves.
The room was cozy and spacious, with plenty of room. Breakfast the next morning was our first introduction to a real "Irish breakfast" and it did not disappoint! Again, Sean went above our expectations with the wonderful service and food, as well as friendly conversation.
We felt right at home. The B&B was a short drive from Killarney, but very well worth going out of town for the experience we had. My husband and I have stayed in many B&B's across the US and Europe and we both agree, this was the best experience we have had. If we ever are in Ireland again, we will be making our way back to the Salmon Leap Farm!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MsBavaria
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I can't even say how much I loved this entire property and it broke my heart that I was only there for about 18 hours! Arriving in the dark evening, Sean met us at the door and offered to help with bags. Once checked in he had offered tea in the sitting area which we took him up on. It was such a cozy home it felt like we were visiting family. We sat next to the fire in the sitting room in pajamas, sipping tea and eating shortbread and Sean ended up chatting with us for close to an hour about local wildlife, culture and this history of the property. When we retired for the night I had the amazing Shower Experience (power showers are outfitted with a steam dome... trust me - do yourself a favor and get a shower dome) and then the best night's sleep.

The next morning I ate breakfast under a picture of JFK while watching local sheep graze out of the window. Sean's son Peter entertained us with his hot wheels and it continued to feel like we were visiting relatives. I was glad I asked to tour the properties burial and alter stones dating to the year 400 because it puts the world into perspective and Sean's knowledge of history was inspiring. I would love to go back here on my next trip!

Room Tip: There are room original to the home (350 years old) and those that were added later for the B&B...