“Undercooked chicken is NEVER acceptable and sometimes dangerous”

Salvador's Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 185 Restaurants in Killarney
Price range: US$14 - US$36
Cuisines: Irish, Pizza, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Specialising in homemade pizza!Grills, salads, fish, chicken, traditional Irish......Lots of wine, beer and desserts!!!Kids colouring menu!!!!!Perfect place for a casual meal any time of the day!
Limerick, Ireland
“Undercooked chicken is NEVER acceptable and sometimes dangerous”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I am always in favour of locally run restaurants and have promoted Salvadors in the Forums on more than one occasion. However after tonight's meal, I will do so no more.

Four of us ate there. We ordered a Salvador's Special (chicken with a spinach stuffing wrapped in bacon), Chicken Goujons, Pizza Americana and a Chicken Fantasie (Chicken in a mustard and onion sauce served on a bed of mash). We had side orders as well.

The meals arrived promptly and appeared to be fine. Nothing extraordinary. My meal (chicken fantasie) was a little less fine that the others. The initial piece of chicken I tried was tough. Not what you expect. And the potato was very lumpy. However when I cut into the second piece of chicken it was pink inside. Most disconcerting and not acceptable. At that stage I spoke with a member of staff and returned my meal, declining the offer of another meal because at this stage I was not comfortable.

The chips tasted unpleasant and we ended up leaving those too.

The staff did apologise, but I still believe that in a situation where undercooked poultry is being served to customers, there are potential health risks.

We paid the bill and left quickly and I picked up a microwave meal from Tescos to eat back at our rented house. We won't be in a rush to return.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Bean_Limerick

• Polish first
Ireland
“Lovely setting”
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Great food and good service - especially any of the pasta dishes I tried

Visited April 2011
“Left hungry”
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Went with my husband and son. Food is all freezer food just heated up. My mash potato had lumps of raw potatoe inside. Truly awful. Sons burger was awful processed meat and frozen chips. Toilets a disgrace. Never go here. Leaving hungry is never acceptable

1 Thank Daffodilbaby
Louisville, Kentucky
“Wouldn't recommend it.”
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We ate here recently and were appalled to pay what we did for what we got. From the not so friendly waiting staff to the substandard bland food, this place was a big let down.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank Paul39604
Kilkenny
“Dont even consider this for food”
Reviewed 9 October 2011

My wife and I stayed in Killarney and we went looking for food. We were cleverly duped into entering what seem to be a traditional irish pub from the outside advirtising only to discover a modern looking sleek bistro type restaurant.The lack of people inside should have warned us but we didnt listen to that inner voice. We ordered from a very basic menu and waited.The service from the non irish staff was very cold and abrupt.My wife ordered Fish,chips and mushy peas while I went for the basic burger and chips.At approx €17 each we expected a decent portion of food . The food arrived.A burger with bacon on top and chips was all I got. No salad, no garnish.Basic but edible.My wifes dish arrived and a timble of mushy peas along with a piece of battered fish and a handful chips. MY advice -dont eat here, total ripoff,and nothing irish about athis as Irishpeople know value of good portions and vegetables.,This is a placve out tto make a qucik buck on the back of Irishness and duping tourists into a false setting of Irishness.We paid about€33 for 2 miserley mains when we could have easily spent half that in the chipper down the road and got traditional irish fare with good manners included.

• Visited October 2011