“Crowded and Friendly”

Murphy's Bar
Ranked #15 of 183 Restaurants in Killarney
Price range: US$7 - US$43
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mississippi
“Crowded and Friendly”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This was the first stop on our pub crawl. When our tour group entered Murphy's Bar, it was essentially standing room only. My wife and I each got a huge glass of wine, of which we had drunk maybe half by the time our tour manager said we had to leave. My wife talked to different groups of people, some of whom were enjoying their meals. The atmosphere seemed quite friendly, and the bar, like many we encountered in France, seemed to cater to whole families, as one young couple had their 6-month-old baby with them. You would never see that in the U.S. I can't really comment on the food, as we didn't eat there, but it certainly looked appetizing.

• Visited May 2014
Marianadmin, Owner at Murphy's Bar, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Good Afternoon from all in Murphys.

Thank you for your wonderful review.

I am delighted to hear you had such a wonderful time here with us in Murphys.

I hope we will see you again soon to sample some of the food as well as the wine.

We hope you will return to us again soon.

• Hebrew first
Orlando
“Murphy's Bar”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Had a late lunch at Murphy's. Great service and good pub food at reasonable prices. Would visit again.

• Visited June 2014
Good Afternoon from Killarney,

Thank you for your lovely recent review.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your time here with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Miami, Florida
“Great local pub!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Having read the reviews of Murphy's Bar in Killarney we decided to give it a try - it did not disappoint! The service was great and food portions generous. We went early in the evening - too early for the live music - but my husband did enjoy the televised sports events. We will return the next time we're in Killarney and would recommend it.

Visited April 2014
Good Afternoon from all in Murphys,

Thank you for your wonderful recent review.

I am delighted to hear you had such a wonderful time with us and that you are already planning to come back to us when you return.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

“Crowded but good food”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Waited to be seated but food was great! Enjoyed the Kerry mussels which could have served two but save room for dessert.

Visited June 2014
Marianadmin, Owner at Murphy's Bar, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Good Afternoon from all in Murphys.

I am delighted to hear you had such a wonderful time here with us.

I am especially delighted to hear you enjoyed our fresh Kerry Mussels.

I hope we will see you again in the not too distant future.

Texas
“Good food and great entertainment”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Go early for dinner and secure a good seat for the traditional Irish music that starts later in the evening. Bar can get a little crowded, but if you're at a booth it is very comfortable. Food and drink were all very good. Atmosphere was fun (world cup was playing on the tv, then live music started after).

Visited June 2014
Marianadmin, Owner at Murphy's Bar, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Good Afternoon from Killarney.

Thank you for your wonderful review.

I am delighted to hear you had such a wonderful time here with us.

I hope we will see you again in the not too distant future.