“Not a good B&B?”
Review of Larkinley Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Killarney
Larkinley Lodge
Ranked #2 of 143 Killarney B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This is not a good B&B. This is not even a great B&B. This is a first class, A1, tip-top B&B with bells and whistles on! So convenient for the town too!

Immaculately decorated and sparkling clean throughout, great food, and Toni is the best landlady EVER; well they do say that the best things come in small packages!

Thank you so much Toni for a fabulous stay and for helping to make the Kerry part of our Ireland tour so memorable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at Larkinley Lodge for three wonderful nights, and wished we could have stayed twice that long. Toni and Danny open their home in a way that you just don't expect to find anymore. They truly want each of their guests to experience this beautiful area to its fullest and happily make arrangements so that first-time travelers like ourselves can do that simply and easily. You will sleep like babies in this beautiful home. Everything is clean, airy, bright and inviting. I can't imagine that anyone has ever left the breakfast table hungry. Try the bacon; it is the best you'll ever eat, anywhere. My husband celebrated his birthday on the last night of our stay. Toni made reservations at a wonderful restaurant in town, and she and I were able to pull off a fun surprise for him. If I am lucky enough, I will go to Ireland again at some point in my future. Booking my room at Larkinley will be the first thing I arrange. If you go to Killarney, do not miss the chance to meet these wonderful folks and luxuriate in their hospitality. Toni, Danny....thank you for all you did. We appreciate it more than you can know.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SeeingTheWorld56
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Larkinley Bed and Breakfast in Killarney. It was located just minutes walk from downtown where there were many restaurants and shops to explore. The room itself was spotless and had everything you could possibly need. The breakfast was amazing, something to look forward to everyday! What made this bed and breakfast truly special however were the hosts. Toni welcomed us like old friends despite it being our first visit. She noticed that we were recently engaged and was genuinely very excited for us. Danny drew us helpful maps and gave us wonderful suggestions (rain or shine) for our days in Killarney. We were very happy to have shared this special time at Larkinley B & B and would highly recommend it to everyone. Adele and Paul

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed for two nights at the Larkinley Lodge while visiting the Killarney area. This is a beautiful, newer B & B with all the amenities. The beds were comfortable and the rooms spacious and beautifully decorated. The location is terrific. It's just a short 3-5 minute walk to most anywhere you would like to go in town. We walked to and from the bus station when we arrived and left town. We also walked to town to catch the double decker bus for touring sights all around the area. Best of all, Toni is a sweet and attentive host. She made sure we had anything we needed, including directions and recommendations for restaurants and attractions. I highly recommend the Larkinley. My one recommendation is to ask for a room at the back of the house. The front is on a rather busy road and the noise made it difficult to keep the windows open at night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room toward the back of the house (off the street)
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This was our second trip to Ireland, and Larkinley Lodge was by far the most exquisite Bed and Breakfast we have stayed in. Larkinley Lodge is akin to a new 5 star hotel; immaculate, contemporary, bright, and airy, and is located within walking distance of downtown Killarney. What made our 3 night stay even more special was our gracious host, Toni. She made us feel welcome, and right at home, and was more than happy to schedule our excursions which included The Ring of Kerry (by bus), and The Gap of Dunlow (a bus, boat, walk, pony & trap ride, and the highlight of our entire trip).

Next time we visit Ireland, Larkinley Lodge will be our place of destination, not just a stop along the way. Toni was not only the most gracious host, but has become a lifelong friend.

Many thanks, Tony and Danny for making our stay a special one.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My wife, two young adult girls and myself stayed here for a night. Toni and Danny were some of the best hosts we met on the trip. The B&B is on a busy road so traffic can be heavy, but we were not disturbed. The house is spacious, spotless and serene. The girls room was upstairs and my wife and I were downstairs, both en suite. Breakfast was very tasty. Toni knew the places to go, gave us great recommendations, and was well known at the wonderful boxty restaurant she recommended. Danny provided detailed directions to lead us on in our trip through Ireland. Can't say enough good about Larkinley B&B. Thanks Toni and Danny!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Nice, clean and comfort place, lovely breakfast. Close to city center and national park, owners are friendly and very kind. Spent the one night in July with my family, it was a pleasant and lovely time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family