“Fond memories”
Review of Avondale House

Avondale House
Ranked #91 of 143 Killarney B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I stayed at Avondale house for up to a week and absolutely loved my stay there. As soon as we entered the house, I instantly felt welcome and at home, which was sometimes hard to find. Anne and Willy, the hosts, were some of the most kind hearted, helpful people I met in Ireland. I was loaded with ideas of places to visit and different things to do that the tourist books do not recommend. The rooms were bright and had a very homely touch to them. After long activity filled days it was a blessing to jump into the warm, clean beds and then to be woken the next day with a hearty, Irish breakfast at the time I requested. I have such fond memories of my visit to Avondale house/Killarney and I highly recommend staying there.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JessMCurrumbin

Reviewed 29 August 2012

We have been there for two nights and had a nice time. it is very lovely decorated with so much details around. Tha garden is very nice also.it's a few minutes away from the center of the town. The breakfast was great, the owners very friendly. The only problem was that free wi fi didn't work in our room, but i can ignore that. Nice place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Maja V
Reviewed 20 August 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our 2 night stay at Avondale House. Our hosts were very welcoming. The room was comfortable and clean and the Irish breakfast on both mornings were delicious.
With free wifi and parking ....access to Killarney is only about 5-7 mins by car. A great place to stay

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sue22Leicester
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I came into Killarney with high hopes for Avondale House. It's a 5-7 minute drive from the town center & definitely too far to walk as it's on a major highway. Although we were the only guests on the night we stayed, our room was at the back of the house with a view of the garage. The free wifi only worked in the main lobby area, which isn't very large. The towels were soft, but smelled like they never really dried. Overall a clean location but not particularly impressed.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2012

We had a wonderful stay at the Avondale house. Our room was comfortable and clean. The Irish breakfast they prepared for us in the morning was delicious. Our hosts helped us find activities for the next day and even offered to book a tour for us. Free wifi, parking.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at Avondale House earlier this month very much. Anne Leahy offered us information on the local area and placed a call to help us secure a B&B reservation for our next night's stay in another town. Slipping between the sheets in the prewarmed bed felt like heaven! Avondale is a beautiful facility inside and out and is very conveniently located.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2011

Really comfortable beds, clean rooms bright clean bathrooms,nice fresh breakfast wifi, large gardens

• Stayed: November 2011