“Warm and friendly.”
Review of Carranross House

Carranross House
Ranked #55 of 143 Killarney B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 December 2012

I stayed here at the start of December while in Killarney on business, Mary runs a very warm and friendly guess house, the room was as good as any hotel I have stayed in and Mary made me feel very welcome.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 October 2012

This B&B was really a good address. Mary was very friendly and she gave us good tipps for our trips in irleland. The breakfast was perfect, every day we could choose another meal: scrambeled egg with salmon or egg with bacon or omlett or pancake or .... I want to get the recept for the hand made cake and bread !!! The room was very clean and had a good standard. In the queen size bed we slept well. The Carranross House was only 10 minutes walk from the town centre with a lot of pubs. Additionally the location near to Moucross House and Castle ... is another advantage. So we really can recommend this B&B and probably we will come back again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We have a very pleasant stay and the hostess Mary was very friendly and even sent us a welcome message before we arrived. We didn't have breakfast with her as it was not included in our booking. She briefed us in details the attractions around.

The room was spacious and clean, and self-contained in every aspect. It was very value-for-money.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I was a very happy traveler when I stayed at the Carranross House last month. Mary is a gracious host who makes your stay her top priority. I was surprised by how large our room was! The beds were super comfortable and the shower was very relaxing. The house is about a 15 minute walk from the downtown area, which provides a nice variety of restaurants and shops. The Carranross House was by far the most cozy and accommodating B&B I've experienced while in Ireland. I know where I'll be staying the next time I'm in Killarney!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Erin H
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I had great stay over a bank holiday weekend.Great location and base from which to go from and get to.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I stayed here with my mom for a weekend in Killarney, and we had a ball. Mary was super sweet and went out of her way to help us enjoy our stay. She even took photos for us when my mom and I went kayaking in the park, and emailed them to us. The location was nice- a pretty easy walk in to town but far enough out to be quiet and peaceful. We slept great! I definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Carranross House was one of my favourite B&B's in Ireland. It ticks all the boxes, location, comfort and hospitality! The room we had was massive and was extremely clean and even had a bath. This is the perfect base for exploring the ring of Kerry and Killarney town centre, as it is only a 15 minute stroll into town. Mary was a great host who was able to provide a great deal of information about the local area. Make sure you stay here, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family