“The best bed and breakfast I stayed in Ireland!”
Review of Wayside B&B

Wayside B&B
Ranked #68 of 140 Killarney B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“The best bed and breakfast I stayed in Ireland!”
Reviewed 5 May 2011

My partner and I were travelling Europe recently,with no plans or reservations made. We were recommended to see the amazing "Gap Of Dunloe" while in Killarney, so we booked in to "Wayside" b+b and I didn't want to leave. Theresa the host greeted us like we were family.Her home is so beautiful and comfortable,exactly what we needed after our day walking. She made us coffee and even gave us some apple pie she had made that day.Then gave us all the information we needed to plan the rest of our journey.She really put us on the right path as to what to see an do in Kerry. The room was so comfortable, our bed was big,great quality,and the sheets were so fresh and soft. even came equipt with an electric blanket!
We even stayed for an extra 2nights.I couldn't get my partner to leave as the breakfast was the best.Cooked to order,full Irish breakfast,Theresa won him over by black pudding and fried potato.He still talks about it.I had a delicious smoked salmon omelette,.Loved it. I hope to return in the near future and bring our friends.Over all,excellent standard,clean,friendly,great value for money, the best b+b I stayed while in Ireland.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lilly086

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed 9 July 2010

The location was the reason myself and my partner stayed here. When we checked in Theresa was very helpful and gave us loads of information on the area. The bed and breakfast is literally at the doorstep of the Gap of Dunloe and myself and my partner had a great place to come back to in the evening after our adventures. We took loads of great photos, the scenery is brilliant! I'd recommend the area to anyone!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JJLynch325
Midland, Michigan
Reviewed 7 July 2010

My wife and I were making or first trip to Ireland and by chance picked the Wayside Guesthouse out of the blue. We were not disappointed. The hostess, Theresa, and her family made us feel like one of the family. We were warmly welcomed upon arrival and since we had not had lunch arrangements were quickly made for us to dine - even though reservations were required. Theresa was very well organized and had an information notebook of tremendous value to us tourists.
The Wayside Guesthouse is located in the Gap of Dunloe, a few kilometers outside of Killarney. The area is nice for walking/hiking. Near to the Wayside is a local restaurant that provided both tasteful meals but music as well.
Theresa was very accommodating and solicitous of our well-being. Breakfast was individually prepared, filling and delicious. Theresa responded to questions and requests quickly and professionally and even handled some personal issues for us in a gracious manner. In addition she was booked tours which relieved us of that burden.
Our accommodations were tastefully done and were very bright and fresh. We would heartily recommend the Wayside Guesthouse, Gap of Dunloe, County Kerry to all.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank yodimaster
chichester west sussex
Reviewed 5 March 2010

Theresa was a wonderful hostess and a great cook! Breakfasts were a feast and we certainly did not have to buy lunch. The B&B is decorated and furnished to a high standard and very clean. Nothing was too much trouble even when I needed a button sewn on my trousers maybe due to the breakfast!!!
Although we were working and saw very little of the area it is certainly a place I would love to return to. People had told me how beautiful this part of Ireland was but nothing prepares you for the beauty. Then couple the area with this B&B you have the perfect combination for a great time!!! One piece of advice is not to get this one confused with the other one, which we arrived at first ! So ensure you book this one at the Gap of Dunloe and you will not be disappointed!!!!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business