“Good location and nice atmosphere”
Review of Flesk Lodge

and 1 more site!
Flesk Lodge
Ranked #42 of 143 Killarney B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I have been there 3 times so far! Lovely atmosphere and the owners are very nice too.
Probably I will go back soon and bring my friends from Itlay!
The location is excellent, very quite and near to the National Park.

Aurora & Asia

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 November 2013

I booked the B&B because I taught that it would be a convenient location to the town of Killarney but it was so not worth it. The house is so old fashioned it is like walking in to my grandmothers house. The owner Christine was nice but when we asked if there was somewhere we could sit and read we were told just our bedroom which is not nice to just have your bedroom to unwind in which has no real area you can sit in. The breakfast was ok but nothing special and there was no milk on our table, we had to get it from another table which is weird that they don't give all tables milk. The price of this B&B is not worth it, there are other really nice ones on the same road for the same price with a lot more facilities, I regret I spent my one night in Killarney in the Flesk Lodge so I would recommend if you are coming to Killarney do not stay here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Konrad F
FleskLodge, Owner at Flesk Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Konrad,

On behalf of the Mannix family I am really disappointed in your review of our family run establishment. I would like to reply to a few points that you raise in your review. Firstly our house is not old fashioned. If you had looked at the pictures from our website all our facilities are of a modern standard and are constantly maintained on an annual basis to B&B Ireland approved standards. We have been an approved member of the Irish Bed and Breakfast association for over twenty years and have always aimed to maintain high standards. It is also our family home and we are entitled to decorate it as we like. I also disagree with your remark regarding a place to unwind. We have a lounge which is always open to our guests with a television, reading space and light and I would never tell you the only place to unwind is in your bedroom; when so often we provide tea and coffee and snacks for our customers who are relaxing in our lounge area. I'm also sorry to hear that there was no milk on your table but if you went into any other establishment and were short of something for your meal it would not hurt to ask the waiter or waitress to supply you with milk. Any mistakes should have been pointed out to either myself or John on the morning and we would have been only delighted to help you. I'm sorry you did not enjoy your stay but we have been in the tourism industry for over two decades and have had many customers pass through our door. A lot of these customers are return customers who obviously know a modern, welcoming, friendly and family run bed and breakfast when they see it.

Christina.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Our bedroom was clean and comfortable, and vey quiet. There were many options for a cold breakfast as well as a hot Irish breakfast. We were a bit put off by all the religious decorations. John and Chris were pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We recently stayed in the Flesk Lodge B&B in Killarney and from the moment we arrived we were made very welcome.John and Chris could not have done enough for us.We booked the family room which was very comfortable and spotlessly clean.For breakfast we had a good variety of food to choose from and we really enjoyed the home made brown bread.All in all i would really recommend staying here for either long or short term visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank osullivanm
Reviewed 15 August 2013

After two days of driving from Dublin to Galway to Killarney, the Flesk Lodge is proving to be a very nice stop-over to just relax. Right now there's a light rain and it's overcast, but it's very nice to be still for a while. (Especially with the hubby's driving on the "wrong" side of the road.
The Flesk Lodge is quite close to the city centre which allows us to walk rather than drive if we wish. The owners have been most helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The owners of the Flesk Logde were very friendly hosts which convinced us to stay there for one night even though the room and the bathroom were very small and you couldn't really move inside. The B&B's interior is held in a quite personal way (lots of decoration, stuffed rooms). Breakfast was average, but we were irritated by the TV with a children's channel that ran all the time.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

First of all Killarney is a wonderful town. Our two nights we stayed at the flesk lodge and our stay was as the title said. The owners are very down to earth and very good hearted people who give u their time anytime u need it. They were quick to make reservations at macs restaurant for us our first night there. They offered to call golf courses to get rates and book tee times for us. All im saying is they went over and above what they should have. Now about the hotel and service, we booked 3 rooms for 7 people. We had the ross room, the agdahoe(I think thats how to spell it)and I believe the fore room. All rooms were very clean and had no problems. My only complaint I could possibly find was the shower was a bit small but im 6'2" & 275lbs so most wont have that issue. Every morning we were served with the full irish breakfast with plenty of bacon sausage eggs, beans(which actually went well 2gether) and coffee n toast. They made our stay really feel comfortable. My family has decided if we come back to Ireland we are devoting an entire week to Killarney and will be staying here. From the Snow family from Oklahoma to the Flesk Lodge BRAVO!!! And cheers!!!

• Stayed: June 2013