“I wouldn't be rushing back !”
Review of Paddy's Restaurant - CLOSED

Paddy's Restaurant
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Very basic menu ! Waitress gave our chips away to a group of diners she appeared to be friendly with ! We were left with a very small portion between two. I was not impressed and I left feeling hungry.

1  Thank Bigdec83

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Eight of us dined here for Sunday lunch. It was a typical honest - to God food, ordinary run of the mill. Thought portions of turkey with no ham accompaniment was small, likewise roast lamb - overpowered by stuffing. Vegetables were good, generous, varied.Mashed potato lacked flavour. Desserts were boring. From your reviews I expected more than just an ordinary week day pub lunch. Staff were pleasant and friendly.

2  Thank spencerLimerick
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Went to paddys a Saturday night with a grabone voucher that id bought. Hadn't been here in years but will definitely be returning soon. It's a place I'd forgotten about but always hear people comment on the lovely food. Food and service was fantastic. Will definitely be returning Very soon.

2  Thank Mairead78
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My husband and I and eight of our friends went to Paddy's restaurant for a meal tonight March 7th. I found the décor absolutely lovely, very modern and tasteful. It was a pity there were so few diners there for a Friday night as it is definitely a place I would recommend. We were shown to our table by a very friendly waitress and she offered us the dinner menu which was four courses for 25 euro with a 2.50 supplement if anyone chose steak as a main course. There were five choices for each course offering a variety of foods. I really think they offer good value for the quality of food we received. I opted for the melon and sorbet for starter which was really nicely presented and full of lovely flavour. For main course I had turkey and ham, I don't eat gravy or sauces and sometimes the meat can be dry but I found the meat delicious. There was an array of vegetables ( I particularly liked the turnips done with onions something I had never come across before) We were served plenty mashed potato and chips for anyone who wanted them. What is refreshing about Paddys is that the veg and potatoes aren't served in small side dishes which only offer about a spoon of each. This is the norm in many restaurants we have been to. All the veg and potatoes were served in big dishes in the middle of the table. While their wine list isn't very extensive we found wine that suited those of us that were drinking. The only small quibble I would have with Paddys is that when most of us opted for Pavalova as our dessert we were served meringue nests instead. I thought these were a little 'tough' but anyway that is only something minor. Pavalova is usually a softer dessert that is served in slices. Overall a really nice restaurant, very friendly staff and a good choice of food. We would have no hesitation in going back there

1  Thank MLORiordan
Reviewed 3 February 2014

After a tour of the Ring of Kerry we were tired and hungry. We walked the streets of Killarney waiting for a restaurant to speak to us. We climbed the steep steps to Paddy's Restaurant to be welcomed by an immaculate dining room with a warm reception at the door. The food was delicious, filled with flavor and piping hot. The service was superb and friendly. Our son, who makes a hobby of being a foodie, claims that his steak was one of the four best of his life so far... and he does love his steak. If we ever return to Ireland, Paddy's will be on our list of return visits.

2  Thank JDW609