“Lovely and friendly B&B”

River Valley Farmhouse
London
“Lovely and friendly B&B”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stayed here for several nights and were made to feel very welcome by the owners, Alice and Pat. They were kind and friendly and really made us feel at home. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the B&B is in a peaceful and quiet country lane, although close enough to be able to get a taxi into town, so a perfect combination location-wise. The prices are also very reasonable. One small thing was that we didn't have hot water in our shower (which they said was due to a problem with a hot water pipe which has since been fixed), however Alice and Pat were very accommodating and let us use their shower room downstairs so we were still able to have hot showers during our stay. The breakfast was also good and we even got to see their working farm, and have a play on Pat's accordion! A big hand to Pat and Alice for making a very pleasant stay. We would recommend this B&B to others, and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ALMDLondon

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We booked three nights in a family room for four as part of a 10-days' trip to ireland. After having specified we are a family of two adults and two teenagers, we were disappointed to find out that the family room has three beds and an additional berth bed. We also discovered that every time someone in the house used water,a quite annoying noise coming from the pump could be heard in our room. Breakfast was below the average of what we had during our trip. Anyway the location was good and convinient to explore the beautiful killarney area, and prices are indeed véry competitve.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank aaff64
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed in this beautiful b&b for three nights and alice was so lovly and kind to us. She always remembered what we liked and always gave best advice for our trips.
All in all it was very very good!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Tinaandben
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I stayed at River Vally Farmhouse for 1 week during my trip to Ireland. I was supposed to stay there for 4 nights and then go to Gallway. I do not think there could be a better testament to this B&B other than to say that I loved it so much here that I cancelled my trip to Galway and extended my stay to 1 week instead of the originally planned 4 nights. Alice is a wonderful host. She has been doing this for 36 years and her attention to details and attention to the needs of each guest is incredible. After this BnB, I stayed at a couple of other BnB in Ireland and Scotland during my trip and none of them came even close to this one.
I was visiting Ireland alone so that home-like feeling was very important to me. I was initially booked for a small single en-suite room. The single room is good for one person but relatively (and understandably) smaller than other rooms. Considering the fact that I had a lot of luggage (3wweks trip) and was staying there for 4 nights, I asked Alice if the bigger double room was available. It was available and Alice immediately transferred me to the larger room. This made a huge difference and my stay there got off to a great start. She did not even charge me too much extra for the larger room!!! During my brief stay at the farm house, me and Alice got to talk about so many things and I feel like I have found a new friend in her and Pat. Pat was real fun too. If you happen to stay at the farmhouse, look around the rooms for pics and ask Pat about them. He is really good at telling stories and playing the accordion. Both Pat and Alice made me feel like a part of their family. It was wonderful.
As for the logistics... the farmhouse is perfectly located, just about 3 miles from the center of Killarney. Killarney is a beautiful town and there are some really nice tours that go to Ring of Kerry, Dingle and Gap of Dunloe. Alice would arrange for me to be dropped off at the city center each morning and in the evening I could take a cab back for just about 10-12 EUR. So you get the experience of staying at a farmhouse and yet get to be close to everything else. The rooms are good size and very clean. I am very particular about cleanliness and I can comfortably say that at this farmhouse all rooms are kept really clean. The farmhouse itself is beautiful and view is incredible. If you happen to be there, take a walk across the farm to the river.
If I ever go back (and I would like to) I would definitely stay at River Valley farmhouse.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Jomlistings
Bathurst
Reviewed 4 July 2013

River Valley Farmhouse b&b is located between Wexford and Waterford, in a quiet rural area.

We have had lovely cooked breakfasts, with real eggs, local bacon and wonderful smoked salmon.

The tariff is very reasonable, the room has all we need, fresh towels, free wifi, plenty of parking and very quiet.

We laundered our clothes at a nearby laundrette, posted items, and had hearty pub grub at the local pub. We have felt part of their community.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Angela S
Manhattan Beach, California
Reviewed 11 December 2012

After a long day driving through the Irish countryside we arrived at the O'Sullivan's B&B. We were warmly welcomed, offered some much needed tea and pie. Just a great welcome with some excellent conversation. Our room was spacious, well furnished and most comfortable. We had a wonderful nights sleep. As requested, a warm bowl of porridge was was waiting for us for breakfast. The views of the country side are just spectacular.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kenmar5
Grünstadt
Reviewed 20 August 2012

we had a very pleasant stay at the River Valley Farmhouse. A marvelous view from the house, every morning the breakfast of our choice on the table and a heartily welcome from a kind Lady when we came back from our daily activities. if we ever come to Kilkenny again we would ask for a nother stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family